You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

Re: PC Spotify, another reason to buy hard copies.

DtM51 wrote:

Not really surprised, this has gotten so far out of hand with people trying to make all these "victims" happy for so long. Grow up and fuck you PC SJW left pukes.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/05/wome … ris-brown/

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/womens-g … tify-band/

GNR.FM

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

im canceling my spotify and moving to google music because of this. fuck this bullshit

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The idiocy of politics drives me insane. Almost as insane as it drives me that people take headlines at face value.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

Well obviously a shot at me, but i did read the whole article as well as others. It's started already and once the ball starts rolling its damn near impossible to stop. People like you who scoff and say its nothing piss me off, one day when it comes full circle people will wish they cared.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's worrying where this sort of thing can lead.

Like essentially the concept seems to be that if someone does something objectionable in real life or is accused of something improper then we should immediately hide all their other works from the public.

It's particularly awkward if the crime accused has no relationship to the actual art work.

So hypothetically if Steven Spielberg was to have some kind of breakdown and murder a relative tonight - do we delete ET and Jurassic Park and Schindler's List from existence? Where would you draw the line at what needs to go and what doesn't.

I see this type of censorship as having some logical problems. Like punish the people if they have done something bad, and possibly remove art if its related to the actual crime is one thing, but deciding to remove anything a person as done because of a disconnected incident doesn't make a lot of sense.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not a fan of all this SJW nonsense either. Like already mentioned, where does it stop? We live in a world where some dipshits get offended if you assume their gender.

All the people in love with this garbage will eventually despise it when they become censored but by that point it will already be too late.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I did NOT recognize Kiedis in that photo. He looks like a third Super Mario Brother.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Their music is not being removed, just being taken off their official playlists. You can still listen to it on Spotify. Not really seeing the problem here. Nobody is being denied anything.

Board footer