You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: NFL 2019

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

If I'm GB....I go for it instead of the FG.

We'll see if it bites em on the ass.

I don’t understand it. They make it, they can tie it. They don’t, Bucs start behind the 10. But bucs sliding before the 2:00 didn’t make sense either.

Yeah there was some oddball play calling on both teams. Brady's reluctance to drain the clock with the running game those last few series was crazy. They were practically begging GB to take the lead.

Bucs lucked into the SB.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Tough loss.

Bucs were the better team, gotta give them credit.

The FG call is controversial but GB lost the game not converting and burning clock after the 2 gift INTs. Horrid series from both Rodgers and LaFleur. Tampa's D is legit, Packers D got expectedly exposed. King is a liability, Packers have no DL depth.

I'm rooting for the Bills.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm kind of bummed the Packers didn't make it. Rodgers has been unbelievable this year and it would have been fun to see him vs. Mahomes. Of course, Brady vs. Mahomes is the dream story line for the NFL.

I don't see the Bucs beating the Chiefs. As always, with no rooting interest as a Bears fan, I'm hoping for a good game.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Its just incredible what Bradys done in his career. 10 Super Bowls?   Troy Aikmans ENTIRE NFL career was only 12 seasons, Brady made the SB in 10 seasons. Heck, probably made 12 conference championships.

I agree Packers would've been nice to see GB make it, change it up a bit. My thing would've been all the Brady haters would go on endlessly about how Rogers is better than Brady because of 1 game. This kinda shut the book on that discussion.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I agree Packers would've been nice to see GB make it, change it up a bit. My thing would've been all the Brady haters would go on endlessly about how Rogers is better than Brady because of 1 game. This kinda shut the book on that discussion.

Brady had an objectively worse game than Rodgers and nearly threw the game away and this is your conclusion? Impressively stupid.

Brady is a great QB, all time great, but absolutely has relied on his defense to win him games while in Tampa. Stick him on the Seahawks, they don't even make the playoffs.

Media narrative over truth. Just like politics. Eat up.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Brady had an objectively worse game than Rodgers and nearly threw the game away and this is your conclusion? Impressively stupid.

Brady is a great QB, all time great, but absolutely has relied on his defense to win him games while in Tampa. Stick him on the Seahawks, they don't even make the playoffs.

Media narrative over truth. Just like politics. Eat up.

Wow...just unnecessary tone. Why?

Tampa Bay's defense is nothing special. I don't even think they rank in the top 10. If they do, they barely make it.

I think the Packers were over-rated if you ask me. Their defense is a Hodge poodge of free agents.

Either way, Rodgers didn't play well enough to win.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Either way, Rodgers didn't play well enough to win.

Kevin King gave up a TD with 0:08 seconds to go. -7
Aaron Jones fumbled the ball in the Packers redzone. TB scored TD on next play. -7

Packers lost by 5.

And you blame Rodgers?

He's not blameless but this is "the narrative". Win = GOAT. Loss = Chump. Few look at the game holistically.

mitchejw wrote:

Their defense is a Hodge poodge of free agents.

They are. And they got outplayed and outcoached yesterday.

mitchejw wrote:

Tampa Bay's defense is nothing special. I don't even think they rank in the top 10. If they do, they barely make it.

Statistics are functionally meaningless. They can be overinflated or deflated based on schedule.

What matters is matchups and how they're playing at the time.

The Bucs have a great front seven which frustrates vertical passing games. They just beat Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers and are in the Super Bowl.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I think they are top 10 in points allowed which is a pretty important stat to me.  Brady played like shit in the 2nd half and definitely got bailed out by his D.  Lafleur coached a shitty game which helped.

Rodgers did play better than Brady.  His team just fucked up at the worst possible time.

Not surprised about the AFC CG, but the Bills coach settling for FG made no sense.  If you're going to play that type of defense against Mahomes in which he chews up the damn clock.  You have to maximize your own offensive possesions and not settle for FG.  You have to match them score for score.

It's a decent SB matchup I just don't know if Brady can put together one entire game of good qb play.  I'm rooting for TB, Brady isn't going to be playing much longer and to be honest he only was a thorn in my team's side for maybe one playoff game years ago.  I know this one NYJ who hates him much much more.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Its just incredible what Bradys done in his career. 10 Super Bowls?   Troy Aikmans ENTIRE NFL career was only 12 seasons, Brady made the SB in 10 seasons. Heck, probably made 12 conference championships.

I'm a Brady hater.

He's the best quarterback of the 21st century. Period.

Best QB of all time?!? He doesn't even crack the top 20.

Brady got to exist in a league that went all in on parity and was on the only dynasty to exist in that sea of parity. He also got to be in the league when it made the QB such a comfortable position.

Build a time machine and bring back Montana, Aikman, Kelly, Elway, etc. and they'll throw 9-10 TDs a game, maybe more in specific games. Give them a 20 year career on a silver platter and they shatter every QB record in existence.

Today's NFL is nothing like the NFL of old. Go watch some of those old games on youtube.

That 80s Bears defense would've chewed him up and spit him out in the first drive of the game. He would've been out there flinching on every down like Grogan did... amongst others.

The thought of Brady scoring at will against any of those old teams like he does today is laughable.

If Brady's career happens in the 80s, he's not being compared to Montana, Elway, etc.

He'd be another Neil Lomax or at best another Bernie Kosar.

Everyone's been a little testy this week...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'm a Brady hater.

He's the best quarterback of the 21st century. Period.

Best QB of all time?!? He doesn't even crack the top 20.

Brady got to exist in a league that went all in on parity and was on the only dynasty to exist in that sea of parity. He also got to be in the league when it made the QB such a comfortable position.

Build a time machine and bring back Montana, Aikman, Kelly, Elway, etc. and they'll throw 9-10 TDs a game, maybe more in specific games. Give them a 20 year career on a silver platter and they shatter every QB record in existence.

Today's NFL is nothing like the NFL of old. Go watch some of those old games on youtube.

That 80s Bears defense would've chewed him up and spit him out in the first drive of the game. He would've been out there flinching on every down like Grogan did... amongst others.

The thought of Brady scoring at will against any of those old teams like he does today is laughable.

If Brady's career happens in the 80s, he's not being compared to Montana, Elway, etc.

He'd be another Neil Lomax or at best another Bernie Kosar.

Everyone's been a little testy this week...

Nope. Just, nope.

Board footer