You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Best song so far?

sp1at wrote:
Dadud wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I think the ones with vocals will be better received first, pardon the pun

Nah we've been spoiled with vocals, seeing as there's allegedly only 3 left I say let the leaker drop all the instruments and finish up with a grand finale one two three Punch of the vocal songs

Ahh, I didn't know. It's all appreciated, so I'll go with your sentiment

Best song so far?

Atlas Shrugged 14%
Perhaps 33%
State of Grace 23%
Hardschool 28%
Silkworms 2%
Total votes: 57
bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Just something about Perhaps that gets me.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Just something about Perhaps that gets me.

Same. I cant figure out if it's that catchy piano riff or axl's haunting vocals.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

state of grace:

the name sucks but the song is exactly the kind of weird ass shit i imagined axl was cooking up in the 90s. it's like a mechanical version of the garden.

the melody in the verses is the catchiest part from any of the new leaks, imo.

a version with buckethead guitars and proper vocals would be AMAZING!

atlas shrugged:

has a classic feel to it, kinda like yesterday's. axl's moaning during the verses is pretty annoying, though. seems like 2 songs glued together, but it's really growing on me.

perhaps:

the piano riff is the best part, especially when it comes in the 2nd time. axl's vocals and lyrics are pretty awful and the "chorus" doesn't really work for me. there's a great song somewhere in there, i think.

hard school:

this would have worked way better than oh my god as the first new gn'r song. chorus is great. is axl on guitar on this? slash and duff could turn this into a hit.

silkworms:

kinda jams actually! i miss the chorus. the drums are fucking killer.

TimothyFirefly
 Rep: 0 

State of Grace and Hard School for me. Don't really dig Atlas that much.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Um I read somewhere a leak of a new version of Knocking On Heaven's Door is circulating, is that correct?

BlueJeanBaby
 Rep: 1 

BlueJeanBaby wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Um I read somewhere a leak of a new version of Knocking On Heaven's Door is circulating, is that correct?

Yes an acoustic version

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Hardschool

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Has to be Perhaps for me smile I love Hard School and consider it the most traditional GNR song, but there's just something about Perhaps that makes me keep playing it 9

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I’m surprised it’s not been mentioned before - but anyone wondering how much Paul Huge’s  fingerprints are on these leaks ?

If so, I wonder if it is a variable that Slash would consider if he were to work on it ?

Board footer