You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

James wrote:

Oh I definitely wait. I didn't pick up Civ 4 until they released the Warlords expansion pack. It blew me away and when they released Beyond the Sword, I was in full on addiction mode. Then the nerds took over and made Civ 4 the greatest game. The nerd mod 'History in the Making' was unreal. It basically gave you the kitchen sink....from B-52 and B-1 bombers, the ISS, cruise missiles, resources like marijuana, water, etc., current and former world leaders like Hitler, Putin, Saddam, Castro, Reagan, list goes on and on........but one little problem although they might have fixed this after I stopped playing: It had a little glitch that could fry your game when you get in deep.

I expected Civ developers to use History in the Making as the blueprint for Civ 5. Instead, they did an overhaul that turned off quite a few people.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I read some reviews. Apparently it looks beautiful but the AI is shit. They've really got to figure out a way to fix this.

AtariLegend wrote:

While I'd love to play more Zelda games, isn't their enough Nintendo consoles already? They're surely just trying to oversaturate the market at this point. I wonder how many actually people buy each console/handheld every time.

Kind of would have liked selfishly for Sony to buy Nintendo at this point tongue.

James Lofton wrote:

I read some reviews. Apparently it looks beautiful but the AI is shit. They've really got to figure out a way to fix this.

AI is always terrible on 4x games at launch.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

First impressions are not great for me either. I'd hold off buying.

AtariLegend wrote:

Going to load up Fallout 4, let's re try it with the DLCs sad.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Division revamped the whole game with update 1.4 I guess so im gonna give that another go next week

Still have witcher to deal with and I'm gonna hold off and ask for tomb raider for xmas

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Is civilization like a RTS ala Warcraft and Starcraft?  I love those two games and am so upset they've ended the Starcraft franchise.

AtariLegend wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Is civilization like a RTS ala Warcraft and Starcraft?  I love those two games and am so upset they've ended the Starcraft franchise.

No Civilization is a 4x strategy game (turn based), like erm... Master of Orion. Generally not combat focused, they just happen to have combat as a by-product of playing a nation/race.

Blizzard haven't ended the Star Craft franchise btw, it's just going to be a while until Starcraft 3. They make alot of money hosting tournaments in Asia still and it sold alot. Starcraft 2 was very successful.

Warcraft as a RTS probably is though gone, unless they magically announce a Warcraft 4 next month at their Blizcon convention which would be a surprise to everyone. They're focused on continuing Warcraft as an MMO, we won't see Warcraft 4 until the MMO is on it's last legs. A big shame.

There's no chance we won't see a Starcraft 3 baring literal nuclear war.

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Division revamped the whole game with update 1.4 I guess so im gonna give that another go next week

Still have witcher to deal with and I'm gonna hold off and ask for tomb raider for xmas

Probably going to pick up the division next time I see it on offer now after that update.

So I have two dualshocks for the PS4: on one the R1 button's stuck, the other the L1 button is stuck. I'm stuck until I can pick up the specific screwdriver to try and fix the controllers, or else it's go buy another ds4 which I hate having to do considering I could buy a couple of games for the price of one controller. I'll prob just have to bite the bullet &I just buy a third ds4 while I'm out getting a screwdriver, cause I'll probably fuck up trying to fix one of the broken controllers..

I had just started playing the first Watchdogs, but it requires both R1/L1.
I actually did complete the first level/tutorial by switching controllers, but really I'm pretty much snookered atm if I want to play anything more complicated than an indie platformer..

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Probably going to pick up the division next time I see it on offer now after that update.

So I have two dualshocks for the PS4: on one the R1 button's stuck, the other the L1 button is stuck. I'm stuck until I can pick up the specific screwdriver to try and fix the controllers, or else it's go buy another ds4 which I hate having to do considering I could buy a couple of games for the price of one controller.

I have 1 PS4 controller, the left button on the D pad doesn't work (denote button in GTA V tongue) and the right stick is always pushing right.

It's an outrage that PS4 controllers are so expensive.

Board footer