You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

I try to watch various TV shows unavailable elsewhere (Booker, The Unit, Charles In Charge, Who's The Boss) on YouTube, using the PS3, kinda like Netflix, and it has a horrendous interface to deal with.

Not only does it take forever to search, the episode video files are rarely in order, and it just becomes a pain in the ass. Playback quality should be better, even for user-uploaded SD -- it should still be better than that. It looks like low-quality VHS most of the time.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thought this would be cool to post in the gaming thread. Here are some files for some games I helped create in my development courses with various groups for my Junior class projects. They came out really well and I decided to share what my group did with the progress and post them online. For all to play and enjoy. Don't expect anything ground breaking or advanced; but we all put alot of hardwork into it. I did the music, some sound effects, and other design features. While I got to give it up to the rest of my group for programming a ton and doing alot of art work. Most of it all done in MS Paint. They used a combination of various tools and programming languages such as Javascript and C# to implement everything. The people that came on campus to look at the game really enjoyed playing it when our group presented it the other day.

The game is called: In Dreams

(really enjoying doing game audio)

Engine used (in case the files don't run and it may need the software): http://unity3d.com/

As for the other files, it's done in UDK which is a development kit used by Epic Games and other companies that demonstrates what the Unreal Engine 3 is capable of. It gives you a variety of tools and free to download. I placed a folder of the kit files with the link to the actual game in the zip folder link below.

My friend Darren did alot of the work testing out various functions and mods. I wouldn't call this a full game; but there are various levels that are works in progress to try out and play around with.

Main game title: Pulse Bounce

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1QqgxT … 11OWM/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1QqgxT … ZZaG8/edit

Enjoy everybody!! big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag

IGN on the game

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/ … black-flag

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

I was able to rent Tomb Raider today. I'm 5 minutes in and it's BAD ASS.

Nice! I was actually considering getting it once I beat a few other games that need to be finished by me. I keep forgetting to. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I picked up MLB 13: The Show for PS3 last week. Haven't bought a new baseball game since MLB 10. It's taken alot of work for me to get used to advances to the hitting mechanics.

Also pretty weird to see Andrew McCutchen on the cover of The Show. I went to high school with Cutch. REAL weird to see someone like that you know is being sold nationally, on baseball's "Madden".

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I finished Tomb Raider.

It was pretty sweet. I never got a chance to play Uncharted 3, but I enjoyed Tomb Raider as much as I enjoyed Uncharted 2.

I just downloaded Tomb Raider Friday night. So far so good. Ton of fun

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'll have to pick up TR soon. I've heard nothing but good things.

Can't wait to pick up my Collector's Edition of God of War: Ascension. 11

Board footer