You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: A request of those of you attending GNR shows ...

ClaudeF wrote:

If you have a G.A. ticket, print signs that say "ATLAS SHRUGGED" or "HARDSCHOOL." Write it in huge letters with a Sharpie if you have to.

Photocopy it about 50 times, and when you are in the venue, hand out copies to everyone around you, giving them instructions to hold up the signs at a certain time, like when the band comes back for the encores.

Please tell us what happens. Maybe we can shock some life back into the setlist.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I guess Hard School is the first song to confirm itself onto the new album if it was on alt setlist. It'll be interesting to see if any others appear over time.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

A less ambitious attempt at something like this happened in 2006 to get them to perform Prostitute but it didn't work.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I guess Hard School is the first song to confirm itself onto the new album if it was on alt setlist. It'll be interesting to see if any others appear over time.

I don't think there's a more perfect song to kick off their comeback. Quick Song/Nothing sounds like a hybrid of VR, though, but only good.

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

I'll do it if they end up announcing a date in PA that I can go to.

AtariLegend wrote:

Unless Hardschool started as that Jackie Chan track in the 90s. I really don't think they should re-record it.

Time to move on imo. Record something new.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Unless Hardschool started as that Jackie Chan track in the 90s. I really don't think they should re-record it.

Time to move on imo. Record something new.

That ain't happening.

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't expect it either.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's actually bizarre for some of these older bands to do this. Van Halen did it with their comeback album and GNR likely to as well.

On the other hand, why waste good material?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

sp1at wrote:

Is that confirmed though? I thought it was a rumour that got out of hand. Also, being on the alt setlist =/= actually being played. Slither was on there for about a year and a half. Perfect Crime and Oh My God were on the 2010(?) setlist and never got played.

Board footer