You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 2, Round 3

AtariLegend wrote:

Vote for your least favourite track. The track with the most votes will be eliminated.

As far as the instrumentals go, try to imagine the track finished with vocals.

This is based on Rough Mixes Disc 2 only, not any other demo. There will be no tie breaker, unless there's a mass 7 way tie or something equally absurd.

Voting closes Tuesday at 19:00 GMT.

Vote off your least favourite track

Eye on You 31%
If the World 13%
Mustache 44%
Quick Song 0%
Zodiac 13 0%
Tonto 13%
I'm Sorry 0%
Total votes: 16

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm going to have to opt for Eye on You, which is crazy given it's an unheard gn'r track from the late 90s with vocals up against 6 tracks, 5 of which are instrumentals.

I like Eye on You as an expiremental B side, but it's ain't goin down tier. It was not album material.

Sky Dog wrote:

25% of the Gnr catalog isn’t album material....b sides a plenty.

Sky Dog wrote:

I’ll go with Mustache.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

25% of the Gnr catalog isn’t album material....b sides a plenty.

Boy ain't that the truth...which is a sad commentary for a band with such a small discography.

It's a killer discog...no doubt...and very prolific in that small window.

In an alternate universe, UYI is one album whose singles are loaded with B sides. They needed B sides for how many singles they were pushing.

On the other hand, too much quality control with Lies. The acoustic sessions should've been expanded. Axl was on fire vocally.

I still say Axl's vocals on You're Crazy is the best Axl ever put to tape.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just realized it's a new round.

Eye on You.

More a sketch of a song than an actual song itself. I don't like it at all and I see no potential in it.

Sky Dog wrote:

The chorus and basically lyrics are catchy...add some good verses and all new music and you may have a song Mack Daddy! big_smile

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Delete duplicate

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

It’s very catchy even if incomplete. I would say the same thing about Nothing. I don’t think Eye on You or Nothing have potential to be great songs, but they do prove Axl was capable of creating a strong hook at the time.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I don’t know I think Eye on You is better than Tonto and Mustache which have Perfect Crime filler potential. Mustache seems like a good chance of that.

Board footer