You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

Yea, cause millions will come to shows to see "Dead Horse", "Breakdown", "Bad Apples", and "Shotgun Blues."  GN'R has pretty much stretched their entire playable catalog already.  If they want to play 3-5k person shows and do deep cuts, sign me up.  But anything off the Illusion albums that a causal fan would be interested in hearing is already in the rotation.  Them playing "Coma", shocked me.  "The Garden" isn't going to bring fans to shows.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea, cause millions will come to shows to see "Dead Horse", "Breakdown", "Bad Apples", and "Shotgun Blues."  GN'R has pretty much stretched their entire playable catalog already.  If they want to play 3-5k person shows and do deep cuts, sign me up.  But anything off the Illusion albums that a causal fan would be interested in hearing is already in the rotation.  Them playing "Coma", shocked me.  "The Garden" isn't going to bring fans to shows.

The albums sold 40 million copies worldwide, so there would be a market for a quick worldwide tour.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

So we’re looking at potentially a UYI type tour with no album? Shit, I’ll go and see it but Christ surely we’ll never see new music after this??

Randall Flagg

sp1at wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The albums sold 40 million copies worldwide, so there would be a market for a quick worldwide tour.

30 years ago, and I'll ask again, what song from that era would someone who is willing to fork out $200 a ticket pay that to see, along with many others they probably forgot, that they aren't already hearing?  Locomotive, NR, KOHD, Dead Horse, Don't Cry, DTJ, Civil War and Coma are already in the rotation and 5 of the ones I mentioned are expected just as much as SCOM and PC.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I don't think UYI nostalgia has anywhere near the pull of AFD nostalgia - no where near as iconic. So I doubt the emboldened approach with regard to stadiums is UYI related. I remain positive that the 'new chapter' starts with Europe and we will start hearing more about new plans/music on the SA tour...

Randall Flagg

I’ll say this, their limited dates centered on primarily top 10 population cities in continental areas is smart. They barely hit 50% in a lot of US markets with 70k person stadiums. This consolidates sales in venues likely to sell close to capacity.

If a late 2020 release is planned, they could milk the stadium tour market dry, before launching a full bore arena tour in early 2021 if they plan to generate long term cash touring.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Call me crazy but I still believe we are seeing a new album or albums this year

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Call me crazy but I still believe we are seeing a new album or albums this year

Ok, I'll bite.  You're crazy!  big_smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don’t see the addition or seldom played UYI tracks as a reason to sell more tickets, I see that as MIXING UP THE FUCKING STALE ASS SETLIST big_smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

But that said, if recent attempts at Dead Horse are anything to go by for revisiting old UYI tunes live, maybe they should be left alone...

Board footer