You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Why do you feel the need to suck Randall's cock repeatedly?

Are you really this obtuse?

Out of the people in this thread, I've argued with Flagg more than any of them.

I guess moving past it, being civil, and acting like an adult is repeated cock.sucking in your book.

Great timing for your reappearance.

Dude….you hardly enforce any rules and when you do it’s never on the instigator. Many people feel that lots of RFs posts are out of line.

Doesn’t matter to you…you’ll ‘enforce’ sporadically and incoherently

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

You've been the instigator. You've admitted to antagonizing people into arguments. You've admitted to trolling. We were in the middle of a conversation and you jump in abrasive, and hurling insults. How many times have people asked you to stop? Just don't be abrasive, dude. Act normal. Look at your response? Do think that's going to lead to anything positive?

Your first instinct is to argue.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Covid 19

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You've been the instigator. You've admitted to antagonizing people into arguments. You've admitted to trolling. We were in the middle of a conversation and you jump in abrasive, and hurling insults. How many times have people asked you to stop? Just don't be abrasive, dude. Act normal. Look at your response? Do think that's going to lead to anything positive?

Your first instinct is to argue.

This is an irrelevant tangent….

If there are rules here make them clear. And consistently enforce them.

Numerous people have commented on the way RF communicates…that’s the nicest way i can put it…

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

There you go again. It's not irrelevant when I'm talking about the issue. Many people have commented on YOU! And you instantly play victim/attack. You take any statement you disagree with personal, and turn around and start insulting people.

We all have a lot of leeway here, but you push it way too far with intentionally taking things off topic and insulting people. Just... dont do that.

slashsfro
 Rep: 50 

Re: Covid 19

slashsfro wrote:

I usually check out of this section (Politics) whenever stuff gets personal.  I mean this is just a message board.  No need to hurl personal insults just because you don't agree with the other person.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 130 

Re: Covid 19

Colin Powell died from COVID complications today.  He also had Parkinson's and cancer, and was 84.  An American hero was lost today.

polluxlm
 Rep: 208 

Re: Covid 19

polluxlm wrote:

He died with covid, which is newspeak for dying of something completely unrelated.

Powell will always be remembered for his bald faced lies to the UN in order to drum up support for an illegal war.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 130 

Re: Covid 19

polluxlm wrote:

He died with covid, which is newspeak for dying of something completely unrelated.

Powell will always be remembered for his bald faced lies to the UN in order to drum up support for an illegal war.


I don't disagree that his parkinsons and cancer are the primary causes of death, but the US made a decision in March 2020 to count everyone who died with COVID as a COVID death.  That figure literally counts gang bangers who died from a gun shot wound, but tested positive for COVID in the ICU.  George Floyd was originally a COVID death until they manually excluded his name from the database.  I've been making the statement you're making for over a year as to why we shouldn't drive decisions based on the official COVID death tracker, but most people were fine with it because bigger, scarier numbers empower more government overreach.  My state took COVID as an opportunity to install license plate readers on every stretch of highway under the guise of no longer needing an EZ Pass (a RFID device people in the states use to pay tolls on highway systems), and no one bitched or thought twice that the government now is tracking every vehicle movement. Look at the vaccine mandate.  The smallpox epidemic of 1901 that progressives point to for legal justification of a COVID vaccine mandate had a 17% mortality rate for those infected.  If you accept the official known cases of COVID in the US and "deaths", the US has a roughly 1.6% mortality rate for COVID.  The CDC estimates the real amount of COVID infections is over 100M, so the mortality rate is closer to .5%.  Much easier to tell when someone had smallpox versus COVID, and as you pointed out, the way the CDC captures COVID deaths in the US leaves a lot of context and nuance out of the figure, so the true mortality rate is even lower than .5%.  If you don't see a distinction in urgency and danger between roughly 1/5 dying and 1/200 dying, there's no real conversation to be had.

There is no such thing as an illegal war.  That's just something 1st world nations use to paint themselves as morally superior.  The US likes to trumpet itself as the guardian of free thought and expression, but Edward Snowden showed the world the US is collecting data in the same way China is on its citizens.   But yes, Powell acknowledged his testimony at the UN was a blight on his record.  Still doesn't ignore the decades of service and good will he extended towards his nation.  My flag will be flown lower today.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Covid 19

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Colin Powell died from COVID complications today.  He also had Parkinson's and cancer, and was 84.  An American hero was lost today.

I was shocked to see this news when I woke up.

I'm a huge fan of Powell. He should've run for president in 96 or 2000. He probably would have won.

His autobiography is one of my favorites. I'm going to have to read it again.

Another great book is Woodward's The Commanders.... about Bush's national security team in the lead up to Desert Storm.


He gets a lot of shit for his role as Secretary of State for Bush II regarding Iraq but he did heavily resist it until essentially being backed into a corner and just going along with it.

I loved the story... might have been in one of Woodward's or Kelly's book...when Powell got a dig in at the war obsessed Chicken hawks Wolfowitz, Cheney, etc....how they always want to immediately resort to armed conflict except when it will impact them personally.

If memory serves me correctly, he was the first or one of the first to point out how Bush never made decisions until privately talking to Cheney...which should've been a much bigger deal than it was.

Anyways... anyone who hasn't read his book should check it out. The  chapters going over his time with Reagan and dealing with the fallout of Iran-Contra is great.



Edit

In 95 wasn't Clinton so worried about going up against Powell in 96 that him and his team briefly floated the idea of ditching Gore and asking Powell to be his VP?

It's been years since reading this stuff.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Covid 19

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Why do you feel the need to suck Randall's cock repeatedly?

Are you really this obtuse?

Out of the people in this thread, I've argued with Flagg more than any of them.

I guess moving past it, being civil, and acting like an adult is repeated cock.sucking in your book.

Great timing for your reappearance.

Dude….you hardly enforce any rules and when you do it’s never on the instigator. Many people feel that lots of RFs posts are out of line.

Doesn’t matter to you…you’ll ‘enforce’ sporadically and incoherently

We've been over this many times.

Yeah I'm pretty liberal when it comes to the rules here....then take into consideration there's very few rules.

My liberal stance probably played a role in this stuff getting out of hand a few years ago.

Then take into consideration that I don't like banning any long time members... including you.

What happened the other day was ridiculous. A perfect example of what everyone is tired of... lashing out at someone out of the blue to stir up a hornet's nest.

Even people who agree with a lot of your posts ( such as Axl S) have asked you to cool it.

Read the room. You're not stupid.

For awhile there everything was copacetic. Let's go back to that.

Back to regularly scheduled programming....

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB