You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Glenn Greenwald just quit The Intercept, which he co-founded, because of censorship. I think things are going to get really interesting. More liberals are now breaking away, and progressives are getting pretty far out there and cocky.

I mean, Trump is really the Roy Moore candidate. People voted against him because they hated him, not because they suddenly became liberal or liked Doug Jones. Like always, progressives took this as Alabama turning blue and forced him into a lot of liberal bills and stances. There's going to be Democratic civil war if Biden wins. The only thing keeping them together is Trump.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Glenn Greenwald just quit The Intercept, which helped found, because of censorship. I think things are going to get really interesting. More liberals are now breaking away, and progressives are getting pretty far out there and cocky.

I mean, Trump is really the Roy Moore candidate. People voted against him because they hated him, not because they suddenly became liberal or liked Doug Jones. Like always, progressives took this as Alabama turning blue and forced him into a lot of liberal bills and stances. There's going to be Democratic civil war if Biden wins. The only thing keeping them together is Trump.

I absolutely agree. I honestly thought it would happen in 18 with the hard push to the left of mid-term democrats. The Democratic congressman of Pittsburgh ran ads with him holding an AR-15 to win his spot from the Republican. And now he’s up against an Army Ranger Captain who runs ads saying the Democrat voted with Pelosi 90% of the time.  You can’t have a guy holding an AR-15 run in the Democratic Party of 2020.

It used to be the intelligent smirked at the ignorance and pomposity of the hard right. But now you can’t survive in the public sphere without paying homage to the absurd beliefs and narratives of the AOC left.

If Democrats are dumb enough to try to pack the court and remove the filibuster to push in Green New Deal type nonsense, the union/blue caller Clinton democrats are going to go running to the GOP in 2022. I don’t know how they manage the far left that is only emboldened by a woke media that is calling the riots in Philadelphia protests, and not the anarchy of the deplorable. If you think the Biden story is going away, you’re kidding yourself. The media needs outrage and what the fuck are they going to focus on when Trump is gone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Biden isn’t sacrificed to get Harris on top 6 months from now.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Here it is. Now let’s see those who were sure Russiagate was true pull a 180 in unison.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Here it is. Now let’s see those who were sure Russiagate was true pull a 180 in unison.

This shit will not go away if Biden wins.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Hasn’t this been going on since middle of last year? At any rate, I have no problem with it. I want to know.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So it's 2016 all over again...

Smear the shit out of everyone except the actual criminal Donald Trump...

Isn't it 4 years to the day just about? They did this in 2016 at the eleventh hour...

Oh good...a wealthy businesses investor with all the inside knowledge...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Isn't it 4 years to the day just about? They did this in 2016 at the eleventh hour...

Exactly, your lords have smeared Trump and his family for 4 fvcking years.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What exactly did he no deserve? He's worse than any Clinton...what about this didn't he deserve?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What exactly did he no deserve? He's worse than any Clinton...what about this didn't he deserve?

But the whole Russian thing was bullshit. No merit.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

But the whole Russian thing was bullshit. No merit.

ok

Board footer