You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Florida is huge. Not just for its electoral votes.

It can be an early indicator on which direction the winds are blowing.

Polling average was Biden +0.9, so that's basically a tie. Florida is unique in its demographics. The Latinos are Cuban. Many of the seniors are from the Midwest, maybe even at a winter home. The panhandle is a southern state, while the rest is kind of like a mix of a Midwest and Southwest state. Unless one of them runaway with it, we'll have to look at demographics to parse out advantages. How far into the senior vote did Biden eat into? What % of Latinos came out for Trump? The big one is women.

Trump needs it or he's got a big hill to climb. Biden doesn't, but it would be nice of course.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Exit polls are not gonna be great to go by tonight. Too many people voted early in person or by mail. Keep that in mind, take 'em with a grain of salt.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Here's one of the counties I talked about watching. Pinellas County, where I used to live. Trump needs this one, but with the I vote, it doesn't look like it's happening yet. But the GOP tends to vote early and late. It's gonna be as close as (INSERT ONE OF JAMES' METAPHORS HERE) https://twitter.com/data270/status/1323738376860803074?s=20

[/embed]

Sarasota is conservative IMO. Pinellas is too I guess, with the exception of St. Pete, which is pretty blue.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Exit polls are not gonna be great to go by tonight. Too many people voted early in person or by mail. Keep that in mind, take 'em with a grain of salt.

I want an overhaul of the system.

For starters, nobody should have to wait 3 hours in line to vote. Imagine the lines without so many early voters. It would've been chaos.

I also want voter ID. One ID, one vote. When you die, your family has 7 days to turn in the card.

You need a license to drive. Hell...you need a license to fish! Time for a license to vote.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Gotta break for dinner and post-work cleanup.

I'll make a last-minute Florida prediction here: Trump hangs on. Can't go against history. It'll be a dogfight the rest of the night.

James

James wrote:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1323725227487100928

Unbelievable. I know he went to his son's grave this morning but this is inexcusable. His mind is trying to connect the dots but can't process the information.

He needs to go take a nap and then get doped up in the off chance he wins tonight and needs to make a speech.

No matter who wins, this country is fucked.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

watchin CBS  hbu?

James

James wrote:

I'm just reading various sites. Now that they're calling states, I'll start watching the news (CNN and NBC, maybe BBC).

Trump is leading 8-3 in electoral votes.

(Kentucky and Vermont)

Pray to your God that McConnell loses. In the next cycle, it's Pelosi's turn.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I don’t expect McConnell to lose.

Florida is gonna be close. Sticking to my Trump prediction.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

I'm just reading various sites. Now that they're calling states, I'll start watching the news (CNN and NBC, maybe BBC).

Trump is leading 8-3 in electoral votes.

(Kentucky and Vermont)

Pray to your God that McConnell loses. In the next cycle, it's Pelosi's turn.

I would make this trade in a heartbeat.

Board footer