You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Current Events Thread

slashsfro wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Total sham. Wow. Trump was right. Only way he loses is if the Dems cheat. And, they are.

I usually don’t do this.  But what a fucking stupid post.  You do realize that mail in voting has been around for a long time?  And as PaSnow noted there are both Dems and Republicans there when it’s counted.

Please at least try to be informed before making comments that make you look like an idiot or fool.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Trump needs a miracle win in MI, WI or NV to get past 270.  I think at this moment he has PA, but if he loses GA or NC, both very real possibilities at this moment, it's over.  Even if he gets both plus PA plus Maine's +1, that puts him at 268.  Not the landslide Democrats predicted, but a decisive victory none the less.  Don't be like certain people in 2016 and cry the sky is falling.  I was that asshole in 2008 and swore I'd never be that irrational again.

Randall Flagg

I don't know the rules in Vermont, but they have a Republican governor.  If Sanders leaves his senate seat for a cabinet position, do they have an election or does the governor get to appoint a replacement?  Same thing with Warren in Massachusetts.

Randall Flagg

removed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't know the rules in Vermont, but they have a Republican governor.  If Sanders leaves his senate seat for a cabinet position, do they have an election or does the governor get to appoint a replacement?  Same thing with Warren in Massachusetts.

Yeah the government appoints the replacement.  Which is why Biden indicated that he probably wouldn’t pick Warren or Sanders.

All the votes have been counted and Biden is ahead on WI.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Total sham. Wow. Trump was right. Only way he loses is if the Dems cheat. And, they are.

I usually don’t do this.  But what a fucking stupid post.  You do realize that mail in voting has been around for a long time?  And as PaSnow noted there are both Dems and Republicans there when it’s counted.

Please at least try to be informed before making comments that make you look like an idiot or fool.

I couldn't agree more...but he's just parroting what Trump said...Trump is not capable of grace or decorum.

If SG is implying that all counting should stop the moment the clock strikes midnight, then he's really making himself look bad.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yeah the government appoints the replacement.  Which is why Biden indicated that he probably wouldn’t pick Warren or Sanders.

All the votes have been counted and Biden is ahead on WI.

I see 95% counted...where do you see all?

Randall Flagg

I think the GOP absolutely will finish with 51 seats, good chance of 52.  The runoff in January will favor the GOP too, so come end of January, the Senate could be exactly where it was today.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Trump needs a miracle win in MI, WI or NV to get past 270.  I think at this moment he has PA, but if he loses GA or NC, both very real possibilities at this moment, it's over.  Even if he gets both plus PA plus Maine's +1, that puts him at 268.  Not the landslide Democrats predicted, but a decisive victory none the less.  Don't be like certain people in 2016 and cry the sky is falling.  I was that asshole in 2008 and swore I'd never be that irrational again.

I see a pretty clear path to 271 EVs for Biden.

Could this be like Gore v. Bush in 2000? I can't recall what the supreme court decided there...did they vote to ignore the recounts and just went by the original totals?

Edit: I suppose if Biden pulls off one out of Philly, Georgia or NC...that would make things a littler clearer.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I see a pretty clear path to 271 EVs for Biden.

Could this be like Gore v. Bush in 2000? I can't recall what the supreme court decided there...did they vote to ignore the recounts and just went by the original totals?

They stopped Gore form getting a recount exclusively in Miami-Dade.  My idiot friends are telling me more than 100k votes were cast in Wisconsin than registered voters, so there's one possible court case.  PA absolutely will be contested, but seems more limited to votes received today through Friday.  If Trump is losing when all ballots cast/received by yesterday are counted, it seems moot to me.

Board footer