You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:

@slashsfro:

I was just getting ready to say. Why is Trump suing to stop the count in Michigan when he is behind? Is he also going to challenge the current results? That's pretty freakin' audacious.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Kamala will never make it out of the primaries. He only picked her because she's black...which he admitted in the lead up to choosing his veep.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

@slashsfro:

I was just getting ready to say. Why is Trump suing to stop the count in Michigan when he is behind? Is he also going to challenge the current results? That's pretty freakin' audacious.

I believe it's not to stop the votes entirely, but until they can get their people there to "watch" it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way it is audacious, illiberal and pathetic.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
James wrote:

Kamala will never make it out of the primaries. He only picked her because she's black...which he admitted in the lead up to choosing his veep.

Are you seriously already in the next election? haha

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Holy shit, hahaha

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What are they basing that on? Just wishful thinking? The fact they are ahead?

It just seems so arbitrary. "OK, everybody tweet out that we won at 2:30 p.m. That should settle it."

Well that's exactly it. He's controlling the narrative, distorting the truth, so his supporters believe these votes still being counted should be invalid, and all voting must stop.

Which isn't true, most were received as of yesterday. Hundreds of thousands of them.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

The best scenario imo is Biden winning and dealing with McConnell. This way, Trump saves face and can brag about getting more votes than Obama, how the race was rigged against him and he didn't really lose, and he can just troll "Sleepy Joe" for the next four years. But hopefully he doesn't run again. I just have this awful feeling he will.

If he lost, it's over. He'll be Sleepy Donald in 4 years.

Ivanka may run in 2024 in an attempt to cash in on Trumpism but I think it's over if Biden takes this.

Not sure how the country is going to react to no more 24/7 Trump.

It'll be weird.

No Trump will ever be allowed into the GOP again.  Don't get me wrong, Trump has done wonders to steal the blue collar base from the Democrats, but the man and his family are pure toxicity.  Chelsea Clinton wouldn't fair well either.  Sean Parnell just ousted Democrat Connor Lamb in Pittsburgh.  Look for him to be a rising start in the GOP - late 30s and a decorated combat veteran who lead a company of men in Afghanistan.  Veterans like me are getting really tired of these reservists who served as lawyers and spent 4 months at a Hilton pretending to be John Rambo.

I still think Crenshaw is going to be a superstar. Nikki Haley is who the Republican base will rally around, though. It's hard to pick a rising star on the Democratic side who isn't a niche left wing candidate or isn't getting held back by Pelosi. It could very well be a celebrity/billionaire candidate, ie the Rock or Bob Iger.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Aha, so here's why Team Trump rushed to declare victory in Pa.

[/embed]

Whoa.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Holy shit, hahaha

[/embed]
Is that Hacksaw Jim Dugan?

Board footer