You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Current Events Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I think he wants all the states completed to see what his options are. For instance, if when the dust settles & he's within 20 of 279, he'll fight PA pretty heavily and come up with a bunch of crazy lawsuits, including possibly going the nuclear option and having the PA (GOP) legislature inject their own EC to vote. This has been speculated and it'd be a drastic measure to overturn the will of the people, there would be major civil unrest, I'm not sure the state legislature would follow along, especially not by this wide a margin. Regardless, he would claim the entire mail-out process was currupt and an unfair attempt to unseat him.

It just seems he's too far behind, in too many states, that anything even remotely minor comes of it, let alone actual traction. But, I think he's waiting to see how many states & EC votes he needs before really proceeding.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Whatever he's going to do, better do it quick.

His base is already fracturing. A bunch of people are already moving on,  others are calling Fox News "fake news" and are looking for other outlets to feed them Trump propaganda.

Eventually that group will fracture.

If he wants to attempt to retain a huge chunk of his base and pipe dream about 2024, it's time to concede.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think he wants all the states completed to see what his options are. For instance, if when the dust settles & he's within 20 of 279, he'll fight PA pretty heavily and come up with a bunch of crazy lawsuits, including possibly going the nuclear option and having the PA (GOP) legislature inject their own EC to vote. This has been speculated and it'd be a drastic measure to overturn the will of the people, there would be major civil unrest, I'm not sure the state legislature would follow along, especially not by this wide a margin. Regardless, he would claim the entire mail-out process was currupt and an unfair attempt to unseat him.

It just seems he's too far behind, in too many states, that anything even remotely minor comes of it, let alone actual traction. But, I think he's waiting to see how many states & EC votes he needs before really proceeding.

We won't get that info until next week probably...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I don’t see any real strategy for Trump coming to fruition other than feckless upper tier Republicans Bowing to Trump no matter what he does.

It appears more republicans currently In power are going to support Trumps baseless claims and no one seems to care with each passing day.   

I don’t understand why this behavior is being tolerated...but then again...i don’t understand the entire Trump movement.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

All I see are people saying let him exhaust his options. As McConnell said, he can pursue this in the courts, but on DEC 15th, the electorates will vote and the winner will be inaugurated. That's it. There's no reason to get bent or neurotic about it. I think resisters/media are already experiencing Trump withdrawal. Your guy won, be happy. Concentrate on that.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

All I see are people saying let him exhaust his options. As McConnell said, he can pursue this in the courts, but on DEC 15th, the electorates will vote and the winner will be inaugurated. That's it. There's no reason to get bent or neurotic about it. I think resisters/media are already experiencing Trump withdrawal. Your guy won, be happy. Concentrate on that.

What about guys like Pompeo saying saying there will be a smooth transition to a second trump term or Sen. Ron Johnson saying get wasn’t congratulating Biden because there’s nothing to congratulate him about. Aka...i don’t believe Biden won...

Send Lindsay Graham openly disputing the election.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Pompeo was obviously joking, and reiterated it would be a smooth transition later on. Of course those senators are saying that. 1 - why even get into that mess with Trump & company? 2 - they're right, the election will be over in December.

It doesn't matter, doesn't change anything. Hillary advised Biden not concede no matter what, also.

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

shutout52 wrote:

4lz6k4.jpg

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

It doesn't matter, doesn't change anything. Hillary advised Biden not concede no matter what, also.

The lengths you guys go to poo-poo this authoritarian and anti democratic behavior is difficult to fathom. It's one thing to be a weak man and say nothing while this shit unfolds, it's another entirely to make excuses for it via false equivalency and whataboutism.

I've gotta say, this post like many others you've made over the last few days, are truly pathetic.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What about guys like Pompeo saying saying there will be a smooth transition to a second trump term or Sen. Ron Johnson saying get wasn’t congratulating Biden because there’s nothing to congratulate him about. Aka...i don’t believe Biden won...

Send Lindsay Graham openly disputing the election.

He's just joking guys! Everybody calm down.

And quit being so hysterical while he fires top Pentagon officials and replaces him with his stooges. You libs are such drama queens, do you need a fainting couch or what?

(Insert whataboutism draped in nihilism here)

Board footer