You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Here's a great example of how the Trumpers are fracturing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/c … g_his_own/

You don't even need to read it all. Just glance at the top comments and you can see it happening in real time.

People are just sick of it.

All i see are people weighing the pros and cons of a trump news network...

A lot of bashing of CNN and MSNBC...some bickering about whether FOX is conservative enough. Whether FOX supported Trump enough down the stretch...

What evidence do you see if fracturing? I’m legit asking.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I read where this Newsmax TV hasn't been reporting the election results & is only focusing on it being undetermined as to who won, and reporting on trumps lawsuits. Really doubling down on stupid. Anyway, while trump TV seemed plausible, I'm not sure he really has the time, interest, or assets to fully start something like that from the ground up. I think he felt Fox News wasn't lock step with him enough at the end of the campaign and he's holding a grudge, and words out he might goto this Newsmax if they offer him enough $$. Sounds crazy, but a channel like that would likely go into debt to pull some of the ratings he'd bring, also be a Howard Stern/Sirius type deal where he shares heavily in the profits (ad sales) and get a minority ownership interest.

They've already tried Trump TV at the beginning of his presidency, so no doubt they'll try to go back to that. I've heard he's going to start a Super Pac and, of course, a potential 2024 run.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I read where this Newsmax TV hasn't been reporting the election results & is only focusing on it being undetermined as to who won, and reporting on trumps lawsuits. Really doubling down on stupid. Anyway, while trump TV seemed plausible, I'm not sure he really has the time, interest, or assets to fully start something like that from the ground up. I think he felt Fox News wasn't lock step with him enough at the end of the campaign and he's holding a grudge, and words out he might goto this Newsmax if they offer him enough $$. Sounds crazy, but a channel like that would likely go into debt to pull some of the ratings he'd bring, also be a Howard Stern/Sirius type deal where he shares heavily in the profits (ad sales) and get a minority ownership interest.

They've already tried Trump TV at the beginning of his presidency, so no doubt they'll try to go back to that. I've heard he's going to start a Super Pac and, of course, a potential 2024 run.

I think its mostly a moneymaking scheme. I think PAC's are independent and not subject to fimance laws.

misterID

misterID wrote:

On yeah, I don't think he runs again. He'll troll Biden for the first term, acting like he was robbed, while selling merch and subscriptions to whatever media he starts, not to mention rallies. I've heard he'll use his platform to rundown Fox News to try and peel away viewers. I don't think that's going to work. Fox will drop him, but I guarantee you CNN and MSNBC will keep him in the news. All they have to do is ignore him, which they won't. They want those Trump ratings to keep going.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

On yeah, I don't think he runs again. He'll troll Biden for the first term, acting like he was robbed, while selling merch and subscriptions to whatever media he starts, not to mention rallies. I've heard he'll use his platform to rundown Fox News to try and peel away viewers. I don't think that's going to work. Fox will drop him, but I guarantee you CNN and MSNBC will keep him in the news. All they have to do is ignore him, which they won't. They want those Trump ratings to keep going.

Let’s not forget he’ll be damn near 80 in 2024.

misterID

misterID wrote:

@LizSly

US officials have been lying to Trump - and the American people - about the true number of US troops in Syria in order to deter him from withdrawing them, according to the outgoing Syria envoy. Trump thinks it’s 200

Christ!

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Let’s not forget he’ll be damn near 80 in 2024.

He'll be the same age Biden is now, but good point. I think he wants attention (and money) so he'll keep teasing it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-manchin- … 28386.html

Doesn't bode well for Biden's agenda.  No medicare for all.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-manchin- … 28386.html

Doesn't bode well for Biden's agenda.  No medicare for all.

She's gotta be less divisive. A dem in WV or whereever can't be the extremist liberal one in NYC is. It takes coming together & a bit being a moderate. I heard tho she probably wants the Speaker Of The House role in the future, so she's likely trying to take charge with things like this. A bit much if you ask me, ditch the Twitter shit as well.

misterID

misterID wrote:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1327279770573414402

Board footer