You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Yeah, NBC mentioned Trump "defying" her final wish 4 times in 90 seconds during that ceremony today. That's not a rule, and it's definitely not a precedent Dems want to start. She should have retired in '15-16 if this was a concern.

Breyer, the other Liberal judge, is 82! And Sotomayor has had serious health issues.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It's really coming down to some finer points. My stance & predictions:

Dems need to back off the SC.  Point out Mitch Cumstains hypocrisy, question her pretty hard on whether she'd overturn RvW, then let it go. DOn't drag this out as it diverts attention from Covid mishandling.
Biden needs to hold up. Esp in the debates. If this was a criss cross the nation campaign I don't think he'd have made it. Not sure what would/can happen after the DNC, but they likely would've replaced him before it.
How bad will Covid get as it gets colder?
Business closing down, I saw 2 large chains go bankruptcy or closing numerous stores yesterday alone (Ruby Tuesdays and Bed Bath Beyond or something)
Leaks.  Will Kelly or Mattis continue to leak something, and do they have something big?

Admit it, you wish cocaine Mitch was leading Democrats.

There's been nothing mentioned about bankruptcy forgiveness/grants. I'd be talking healthcare everyday, how Trump doesn't have a plan, and how Biden/Pelosi fucked it up the last time they tried to fix it.

When??  In 2009?!  The Dow began hitting record highs in 2013 & unemployment dropped over 50% down to 4.7.  trumps skyrocketed it back up to currently 8.4

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, NBC mentioned Trump "defying" her final wish 4 times in 90 seconds during that ceremony today. That's not a rule, and it's definitely not a precedent Dems want to start. She should have retired in '15-16 if this was a concern.

Breyer, the other Liberal judge, is 82! And Sotomayor has had serious health issues.

Hopefully trump can pick 2 more judges in the next 35 days.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ … e=5F9185C4

All this talk about RBG's "dying wish", but not a word on her comments condemning kneeling before the anthem, stacking the court, and not holding a vote for an open seat on the court.

It's plain & simple Rocky, Mitch McConnell said in 2016 there was no need for the Senate to hold hearing it needs to wait until election day.

In 2020 he says its the Senates obligation to hold hearings.

Everybody else is just pointing out McConnells hypocrisy, they're not being hypocritical themselves.  It'd be like someone saying Tom Brady sucks, and saying no he isn't he's great. Then when he goes into the HOF that same person says 'He's the greatest of All Time' and pointing out that they said he sucked 4 years ago, and you claiming I'm a hypocrite because I'm not supporting your stance that he's the greatest of All Time, so I'm the hypocritical one.

You need to take back your words that Brady "sucks".  McConnell needs to pussy up and admit he was wrong in 2016.

RBG didn't retire because McConnell wasn't going to hold hearings. She should have implied she intended to retire soon, to get the Hillary vote helped out, pretty sure she did or at least that was pretty much known.  But again, she couldn't retire because McConnell wouldn't hold a hearing for Obama's replacement.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It's really coming down to some finer points. My stance & predictions:

Dems need to back off the SC.  Point out Mitch Cumstains hypocrisy, question her pretty hard on whether she'd overturn RvW, then let it go. DOn't drag this out as it diverts attention from Covid mishandling.
Biden needs to hold up. Esp in the debates. If this was a criss cross the nation campaign I don't think he'd have made it. Not sure what would/can happen after the DNC, but they likely would've replaced him before it.
How bad will Covid get as it gets colder?
Business closing down, I saw 2 large chains go bankruptcy or closing numerous stores yesterday alone (Ruby Tuesdays and Bed Bath Beyond or something)
Leaks.  Will Kelly or Mattis continue to leak something, and do they have something big?

Admit it, you wish cocaine Mitch was leading Democrats.

There's been nothing mentioned about bankruptcy forgiveness/grants. I'd be talking healthcare everyday, how Trump doesn't have a plan, and how Biden/Pelosi fucked it up the last time they tried to fix it.

When??  In 2009?!  The Dow began hitting record highs in 2013 & unemployment dropped over 50% down to 4.7.  trumps skyrocketed it back up to currently 8.4

*I think you're leaving some stuff out wink *

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

All this talk about RBG's "dying wish", but not a word on her comments condemning kneeling before the anthem, stacking the court, and not holding a vote for an open seat on the court.

It's plain & simple Rocky, Mitch McConnell said in 2016 there was no need for the Senate to hold hearing it needs to wait until election day.

Everybody else is just pointing out McConnells hypocrisy, they're not being hypocritical themselves.  It'd be like someone saying Tom Brady sucks, and saying no he isn't he's great. Then when he goes into the HOF that same person says 'He's the greatest of All Time' and pointing out that they said he sucked 4 years ago, and you claiming I'm a hypocrite because I'm not supporting your stance that he's the greatest of All Time, so I'm the hypocritical one.

You need to take back your words that Brady "sucks".  McConnell needs to pussy up and admit he was wrong in 2016.

RBG didn't retire because McConnell wasn't going to hold hearings. She should have implied she intended to retire soon, to get the Hillary vote helped out, pretty sure she did or at least that was pretty much known.  But again, she couldn't retire because McConnell wouldn't hold a hearing for Obama's replacement.

Cocaine Mitch hedged the argument by saying you don't take a vote in an election year "during divided government" which is utter bullshit, imo, Garland should have gotten the vote even if they voted no, but it worked.

RBG had plenty of opportunities to retire, even when her health didn't look good. It was a bet they take in regards to elections. Again, I think Kagan is far more important and has much greater influence, especially it seems, with Roberts and even Gorsuch.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You are absolutely a hypocrite if you demanded Garland get a vote in 2016, but want to wait now for any reason.  I don't know what is so hard to grasp about that.  Yes, McConnell is full of shit.  But so is Schumer and every other politician. Would you have given two figs if Scalia's granddaughter said his dying wish was to wait for a new President?  No, you wouldn't.  Your analogy makes no sense.  It would make sense if I said "Brady sucks", then changed it to "Brady is the greatest of all time".  Still a weak analogy, but you're the one who says Brady sucked, but now he's the GOAT. 

I'm also waiting for your big intelligence meeting from Harris.  It didn't work out the way you wanted, so you're going to ignore it.  Again, showing hypocrisy.  Trump's kids are pieces of shit, but Biden's son can take money from Chinese and Russian aligned oligarchs and it's peachy keen cause Biden is a Democrat.

No intelligent person buys any of this.  They see right through and recognize that hyper partisans will say and do anything at any given moment depending on what is in their best interest.  Let me know when you find that evidence of bounties or Melania's stand in.

I said Garland deserved a vote in 2016, and I said it looks shitty having a vote now after what McConnell did.  I'm consistent.  You, Mitch and the others say whatever serves your team at that moment in time.  Tell me I'm wrong.

Randall Flagg

120001197_351695259316697_7435669751002995052_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=2FSVz7f5g-UAX9_I2t3&_nc_oc=AQkKfjpDNuEInTvprvGTVJH9WKRkca2b119CQvXddgpYaf_cVrfg6zwWjEq8A-YYNE4&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.fna&tp=6&oh=c0d4141eac837b97d249809be1d2236c&oe=5F8FA2E6

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

No need to.  Court will be 6-3 and even if Democrats get 51 seats, several of their members won't drink the kool-aid.  The filibuster being removed is unlikely, and stacking the court is even more unlikely. 

Reid was warned in 2013 when he removed the fillibuster it would blow up in his face. If you needed any more evidence of that, this is it.  Reap what you sow and all that.

Look at how many Republicans voted for Kagan and Sotomayor when they were the minority party.  Compare that to Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

No need to.  Court will be 6-3 and even if Democrats get 51 seats, several of their members won't drink the kool-aid.  The filibuster being removed is unlikely, and stacking the court is even more unlikely. 

Reid was warned in 2013 when he removed the fillibuster it would blow up in his face. If you needed any more evidence of that, this is it.  Reap what you sow and all that.

Look at how many Republicans voted for Kagan and Sotomayor when they were the minority party.  Compare that to Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

Those 3 seats are basically worthless...they might as well not even show up for work anymore.

Board footer