You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

There were witnesses who said they heard the cops announce themselves as police, knocked several times. If he didn't hear it I don't know. But they were fired upon and returned fire.

It was wrong, but it had nothing to do with her being black.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

There were witnesses who said they heard the cops announce themselves as police, knocked several times. If he didn't hear it I don't know. But they were fired upon and returned fire.

It was wrong, but it had nothing to do with her being black.

I read it was 1 witness, out of 20, and again, one officer testified they did not announce, but claims after they broke the door down the said "Police"

I always read statements like that as wordplay. For instance, he might have said after the shooting stopped "We're the fucking police with a warrant. What'd you shoot us for" or maybe in response to being asked by the bf who TF they were. So again, his answer can technical be, "We announced ourselves as Police after we broke in the door" and justify it to himself.

misterID

misterID wrote:

At the end of the day, these tragedies will happen. Pass all the reforms you want, get these incidents down to .0001%, it'll still be treated like an epidemic and used to justify violence and for grifters to profit off it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

. What moron believes someone can sleep thru gunshots in their own apartment.

People sleep through gunshots all the time. The fact entire families are murdered in their sleep is proof of this.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:

People sleep through gunshots all the time. The fact entire families are murdered in their sleep is proof of this.

The average gun shot is 140-160 decibels.  Indoors it's going to seem much, much louder.   The only way someone is staying asleep while someone opens fire indoors is if they're knocked out on some kind of narcotic.  I'm not aware of any instance of families being shot in their sleep.  I know a family was murdered in their home for some drug shit in Ohio a few years ago, but there was nothing to suggest they were all asleep in their beds as gunmen walked through the house.  Even with a silencer, the decibels hover around 100.  And I'm not aware of any epidemic of people using silencers with any meaningful regularity.

When my dad shot himself in the house 10 years ago, everyone heard it.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm guessing shotguns were used for a house raid. Ever heard a shotgun going off in a confined room? Ain't noone sleeping through that believe me.

I know families have been murdered by gun, but I'm unaware of a case where all victims remained asleep during the killing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James wrote:

I'll give you that but I think that's more of a husband & wife situation, or a quieter situation where someone breaks in thru the window quietly.  This is police using a battering ram on the door to an apartment. I mean possibly she slept thru it a bit, honestly I don't see the relevance, unless someones trying to twist it like the police intentionally raided the bedroom and shot her in the bed. Which would be a pretty extreme lie as I don't think it happened that way.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That Taylor had nothing to do with her ex-boyfriend’s drug enterprise. He was recorded in jail on the phone telling people she had his money stored for him. He had drugs mailed to her apartment for her to store to keep them separate from his residence.

Even if true, that doesn't justify murdering her in anyway.

If that's a problem then arrest her, charge her, try her, convict her and sentence her to whatever punishment is appropriate.

Cops in America are way too trigger happy in general. Throw in systemic and legacyracism and it's a bad mix that doesn't look like it will be addressed properly anytime soon.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That Taylor had nothing to do with her ex-boyfriend’s drug enterprise. He was recorded in jail on the phone telling people she had his money stored for him. He had drugs mailed to her apartment for her to store to keep them separate from his residence.

Even if true, that doesn't justify murdering her in anyway.

If that's a problem then arrest her, charge her, try her, convict her and sentence her to whatever punishment is appropriate.

Cops in America are way too trigger happy in general. Throw in systemic and legacyracism and it's a bad mix that doesn't look like it will be addressed properly anytime soon.

She wasn't fucking murdered.  Why do you uninformed types keep saying this?  "Even if true", there is no even if.  It's absolutely true.  They had a no-knock warrant.  They could have knocked the door down without saying a word and they'd have been in the right.  They didn't though, they knocked repeatedly - this isn't in dispute by anyone who has a clue and read official statements.  As soon as they burst in, the police were fired upon and one of them was shot in the femoral artery.  They immediately returned fire, and Taylor was shot.  The real tragedy is that her dipshit boyfriend who fired blindly wasn't the one who died. 

This isn't a difference of opinion.  This is uninformed people injecting their fantasy world views into reality.  Police can serve warrants, and if you shoot at them, they're going to shoot back and kill you.  In no world will this not be the case.

That's why none of the officers are being charged for killing her, and one is being charged cause he blasted his gun as negligently as the moron boyfriend. 

It has nothing to do with racism. 

Quit using objectively false terms.  Taylor wasn't murdered.  She was killed when her boyfriend shot a fucking cop who was serving a legal warrant.  100/100 times if cops are shot while serving a warrant, they're going to fire back.

misterID

misterID wrote:

There was no way those cops were getting charged, it was an accident. Getting a 12 million dollar settlement was better than anything anyone else could have hoped for. Of course her family wants them charged, but the circumstances were completely against that.

Board footer