You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:

Total insanity.

Check this out.
https://twitter.com/tariqjenner/status/1354147804722192385?s=20

There needs to be a documentary on what this madness has done to people.

It's like people being turned into zombies.

it's fuckin mental man. Like what is wrong with people. It's really scary when you think about how easily led these people are. Shit is erupting all over the world based on theories. Goebbels would have had a field day in this day and age.

Great song btw.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

35 plus hearings and investigations on Benghazi

20 plus hearings and investigations on Hillary

GOP on insurrection: GTFO

I know you won’t understand or care to try, so this is for anyone else that nodded their head.

We all agree Benghazi was a waste right? Anyone want to argue that point?  Otherwise we’re all in agreement the hearings were drawn out, politicized and ultimately revealed the Ambassador was told to leave, chose not to, and the protest escalated too fast for an acceptable military action to intervene and retaliate. Again, any dissenters? Good.

The part Mitch didn’t mention is that the Obama administration lied. We (the US) looked pretty fucking bad on the world stage, with our embassy being overrun and ambassador killed. You’re free to disagree, but those who understand foreign relations and power projection all agree that’s a bad look for the US. So the administration lied, blamed it on an obscure American YouTube video, and weren’t forthcoming. Susan Rice made the rounds pushing this story, before the truth came out.

I know some of you are rolling your eyes because you’ve never bothered to read the after action report or the committee’s findings. But that’s what happened, and you’re free to google Susan rice and Benghazi and find loads of archival footage. Obama lied about what happened, because he rightfully didn’t want to admit that the US fucked up bad on this one. Nothing impeachable. Just saving face, via lying to the American public. Search my post history, I’m saying now what I said then.

So we’re all in agreement Benghazi hearings were going full retard, but it’s important to acknowledge what happened that led to that. The administration had 4 Americans die and their embassy overrun, and it was immediately apparent the administration was lying blaming an obscure video for the sudden protest.

Now contrast that with a couple hundred idiots storming the Capitol almost entirely unarmed, with one cop being killed by blunt trauma and one unarmed rioter finding out. There’s no coverup. A lot of conspiracy, but no coverup.  I’m sure those calling bullshit will have a substantiated claim more than “a congressman gave a tour, ergo that tour must have been to plan the unplanned riot, and leaders of the unplanned riot were present”, and even be able to evidence that.

But sure, 3 weeks after an event we should have accomplished years worth of hearings. And with 21 off to a bad start, I can’t think of any better use of congressional effort. Unless you want a giant distraction from the shit that matters and affects your daily life.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That video with the people arguing with the doctor is so crazy.

I have a friend that will be like that.

I honestly don't know what to do about it. He just can't be reached with any type of logic it seems.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anybody see the craziness over Reddits wallstreetbets causing hedge funds to lose billions over Gamestop?

Pay attention to the mainstream manipulation... they're trying to paint them all as alt right nazis. They're not. It's a mix of middle class and poor people from all sides...many of them "Bernie bros".

It's pathetic.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Anybody see the craziness over Reddits wallstreetbets causing hedge funds to lose billions over Gamestop?

Pay attention to the mainstream manipulation... they're trying to paint them all as alt right nazis. They're not. It's a mix of middle class and poor people from all sides...many of them "Bernie bros".

It's pathetic.

I was going to post a separate thread on this, I'm curious to know more.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I was going to post a separate thread on this, I'm curious to know more.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Made out with 150% increase on this GameStop ride. Silly stuff but I can put that in something more sensible.

The criticism of these redditors as just doing this for a joke is wrong. They saw an opportunity in the market and realised they could game the market for their own gain. It's not turning into a speculative rise with other folk jumping on. Sadly, some normal folk who don't know what they're doing are going to be left holding the bag at the end of this.

James

James wrote:

It's exposing the system for how truly corrupt it is...and we're seeing how the mainstream media outlets CNN, CNBC, etc are just mouthpieces for the elite.

It's ok if YOU lose money in the stock market...but it's not ok for them to.

Now you must be painted as evil Trump nazis so the public will cheer on demonizing you while they figure out how to get this monster back in the cage before losing even more money.

They're already preventing regular people from getting more Gamestop.

I agree with the guys on reddit... media should've just kept their mouths shut and let it play out naturally. It would've petered out on its own. The elite losing their shirts forced them to jump into action against the plebes.

I hope this is an eye opener to many people... especially those on the left who are now being labeled as alt right loons.

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Made out with 150% increase on this GameStop ride. Silly stuff but I can put that in something more sensible.

The criticism of these redditors as just doing this for a joke is wrong. They saw an opportunity in the market and realised they could game the market for their own gain. It's not turning into a speculative rise with other folk jumping on. Sadly, some normal folk who don't know what they're doing are going to be left holding the bag at the end of this.

The corruption is in the hedge funds shorting it like 140% praying for the ruination of Gamespot. Media isn't talking about that. They're focusing on demonizing the plebes who took advantage of what the hedge funds were doing.

It's insanity.

I kinda wish I had jumped in.  I don't have much to play around with. I just play it safe with what little I have.

Main reason I didn't dive in is I know I'm one of those people who would go all in, make 500k, and while strutting around my living room like Ric Flair, it would drop down to a nickel. tongue

There's going to be a lot of people in that position before this is over.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

The corruption is in the hedge funds shorting it like 140% praying for the ruination of Gamespot. Media isn't talking about that. They're focusing on demonizing the plebes who took advantage of what the hedge funds were doing.

It's insanity.

I kinda wish I had jumped in.  I don't have much to play around with. I just play it safe with what little I have.

Main reason I didn't dive in is I know I'm one of those people who would go all in, make 500k, and while strutting around my living room like Ric Flair, it would drop down to a nickel. tongue

There's going to be a lot of people in that position before this is over.

I had a few hundred kicking around in my self managed pension. I can't touch any of that until I retire which is more than my lifetime so far away, so on Monday I decided to buy in with the intention of getting out later in the week. If I lost it wouldn't be a big deal I can afford to lose that amount and not cry. In the end I didn't sell out at the high but also not the low so a decent time for me. It's volatile enough right now that if someone was a day trader and got their timings right they could make a killing jumping in and out of it.

I play a lot of Fifa Ultimate Team, and as hokey as it sounds a lesson I learnt there trading cards with the in game currency is if there's big hype - sell in the hype, not at the point things are being hyped. All the folk on reddit were talking about tomorrow as the day their big squeeze pays off big, so decided no matter what I was getting out today. If they're right, the hedges will need to sell their stakes in other assets to cover their ass and I can grab a few deals and if they're wrong I got out early.

Board footer