You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Cool, just interested in your stance and similar to how I feel honestly. It won't be easy but you got to start somewhere.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I don't trust those statistics myself.

I do.
It was true in previous years...why would it do a 180 now?

The only reason people don't trust it is the fact the media has been feeding you a false narrative to get you in an uproar.

While I loathe the term.... you're being drowned in "fake news".

As I've said before...this kind of shit leads down the road that takes us straight to a second Trump term.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

No I don't trust it because a lot of those numbers come from police statements in their incident reports. Police have done and continue to write false reports, lie etc.
For instance Lloyd would have been just another statistic without the video footage from a member of the public. I don't believe Lloyd was an isolated case, far from it.

Why would I trust any organisation with so much corruption?
Who said it was true in previous years? I sure as hell don't believe that for a second.
Cops falsify reports, that is a fact. These statistics are heavily influenced by those reports.

You don't see the issue?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

No I don't trust it because a lot of those numbers come from police statements in their incident reports. Police have done and continue to write false reports, lie etc.
For instance Lloyd would have been just another statistic without the video footage from a member of the public. I don't believe Lloyd was an isolated case, far from it.

Why would I trust any organisation with so much corruption?
Who said it was true in previous years? I sure as hell don't believe that for a second.

What numbers don't you trust?  Specifically?  I understand skepticism, but if you're arguing that there are a significant amount of unarmed people being shot/killed by police, that warrants some kind of evidence and support.  Bodies don't just disappear and cell phones if not police vehicles and city camera capture nearly every interaction.  If you're arguing cops are killing people in cold blood and covering it up somehow, that warrants something more than faith.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If you're arguing cops are killing people in cold blood and covering it up somehow, that warrants something more than faith.

I'm not arguing that. That is actually a fact cops do kill people in cold blood.
Where the hell have you all been living. XD

To deny it requires more than faith imo.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Let me get this straight. You want me to believe people who think it's ok to strangle a man to death with their knees and shoot men in the back seven times, seriously?

Noone caused this only the corrupt police themselves, and until the good cops start addressing it they will continue to get away with it.
Here is another example. We know there is a lot of corruption in the force. How many cops report other cops yearly? I bet that is a fun statistic.

Randall Flagg

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Let me get this straight. You want me to believe people who think it's ok to strangle a man to death with their knees and shoot men in the back seven times, seriously?

Noone caused this only the corrupt police themselves, and until the good cops start addressing it they will continue to get away with it.
Here is another example. We know there is a lot of corruption in the force. How many cops report other cops yearly? I bet that is a fun statistic.

You assume that the Minneapolis police meant to kill him. Maybe that was Chauvin’s state of mind, but I believe if you consider the video that shows what happened before Floyd kicked himself out of the vehicle, that claim becomes harder for a jury to accept beyond a reasonable doubt.

Even CNN had an article on why 7 shots aren’t excessive. Police officers are trained to discharge their firearms reflexively to disable someone. Blake had already resisted arrest by two officers and shook off a tazer. He said he was getting a knife. How many shots are acceptable to disable a man who was at the residence of a woman he raped and had a restraining order against him, fights off two cops, a tazer, and then says he’s getting a knife while you hold a gun inches from him?  The point there was to kill/disable  Blake. Not consider his life when he was in the act of a 4th 1st degree felony in minutes.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

You assume that the Minneapolis police meant to kill him. Maybe that was Chauvin’s state of mind, but I believe if you consider the video that shows what happened before Floyd kicked himself out of the vehicle, that claim becomes harder for a jury to accept beyond a reasonable doubt.

Even CNN had an article on why 7 shots aren’t excessive. Police officers are trained to discharge their firearms reflexively to disable someone. Blake had already resisted arrest by two officers and shook off a tazer. He said he was getting a knife. How many shots are acceptable to disable a man who was at the residence of a woman he raped and had a restraining order against him, fights off two cops, a tazer, and then says he’s getting a knife while you hold a gun inches from him?  The point there was to kill/disable  Blake. Not consider his life when he was in the act of a 4th 1st degree felony in minutes.

1. I don't assume anything. They killed Lloyd and that is also a fact. Even if he hadn't died it's still misuse of force. Something I am arguing and I feel is getting bogged down in who died or didn't is getting away from that.

2. I could care less what CNN said, like really lol. Seven shots in the back is excessive. Especially when multiple cops are on scene and in grabbing distance. Any denial of that I'm just gonna ignore.

3.Again the issue I'm debating is corruption and misuse of powers.

4. I find I'm always answering you, but you never answer my questions. I find that odd.

5. I have no doubt the cops in the Lloyd case will walk. More corruption in my eyes.

6. And again, they seem to manage in other countries.

Randall Flagg

I have no love for cops. Or teachers, soldiers, nurses or any other profession that thinks they inherently deserve respect.

There’s a fundamental flaw imho with someone who desires to seek out physical conflict. Been there, done that. It ain’t for me. That’s why the army gets you when you’re 18. Cops choose to do that every day, and stay with it. I’m not calling them bad people, someone has to do the job. But if you like wrestling people who want to harm you to the ground, that takes a comfort and an extreme level of testosterone I’m not familiar with.

But they volunteer to go to the places and do the things you and I call 911 to get someone else to do. I don’t fault them for valuing their lives and safety more than the majority pieces of shit they’re forced to interact with on a daily basis. George Floyd was a bad person. He was high on meth and had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system. You can google both of those statements. He had robbed and assaulted a pregnant woman at gun point. None of that justifies Chauvin keeping him restrained with a knee on his neck/back for 3 minutes after he stopped responding. Chauvin deserves what the court gives him. But you try dealing with pieces of shit day in and day out and tell me that’s not going to increase your chance of doing something wrong. Police need to be held accountable for abuse. But they don’t have to be demonized because violent thugs think they can ignore commands and argue their way out of arrest. And they definitely don’t deserve to be demonized for defending themselves again men who wish to harm them.

Floyd isn’t a martyr. I’m not convinced Chauvin’s knee wasn’t possibly not on his carotid. I’ve applied carotid chokes and been choked. You don’t last longer than 8-12 seconds. It’s worth at least consideration that the fentanyl played a part, if not the majority. I’m not committing to any position, just the reality of ambiguous video and conflicting coroner reports. We’ll see what the jury says.

I’m much more concerned at the moment of more cops being shot in cold blood and rioting on the streets, than I am of another cold blooded murder from a police officer right now.

Randall Flagg

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

1. I don't assume anything. They killed Lloyd and that is also a fact. Even if he hadn't died it's still misuse of force. Something I am arguing and I feel is getting bogged down in who died or didn't is getting away from that.

2. I could care less what CNN said, like really lol. Seven shots in the back is excessive. Especially when multiple cops are on scene and in grabbing distance. Any denial of that I'm just gonna ignore.

3.Again the issue I'm debating is corruption and misuse of powers.

4. I find I'm always answering you, but you never answer my questions. I find that odd.

5. I have no doubt the cops in the Lloyd case will walk. More corruption in my eyes.

What question did I ignore?  Please state it and I’ll give it a response.

Board footer