You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

Biden considering boycotting the China Olympics?!?
What a clusterfuck. Thousands of athletes will have their dreams shattered over politics.

Carter shouldn't have boycotted the Moscow Olympics. It wound up fucking up the 84 Olympics as well.

Nothing good comes from such boycotts. Don't use athletes as pawns.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Biden considering boycotting the China Olympics?!?
What a clusterfuck. Thousands of athletes will have their dreams shattered over politics.

Carter shouldn't have boycotted the Moscow Olympics. It wound up fucking up the 84 Olympics as well.

Nothing good comes from such boycotts. Don't use athletes as pawns.

I thought it was cool to be tough on China whether it’s effective or not.

I hope he doesn’t do it. I’m kind of curious where this came from. It would be political suicide.

James

James wrote:

Other countries are considering a boycott. Apparently it's over the so called genocide.

If the US or anyone else has legitimate issues with China, stop doing business with them. Stop giving corporations incentives to move their factories there. Stop allowing China to gobble up American businesses and real estate. List goes on.

Only thing an Olympic boycott achieves is shattering the dreams of athletes.

It's all bark, no bite and does nothing to harm China.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Other countries are considering a boycott. Apparently it's over the so called genocide.

If the US or anyone else has legitimate issues with China, stop doing business with them. Stop giving corporations incentives to move their factories there. Stop allowing China to gobble up American businesses and real estate. List goes on.

Only thing an Olympic boycott achieves is shattering the dreams of athletes.

It's all bark, no bite and does nothing to harm China.

It just doesn’t accomplish anything. It’s worse than tariffs and a trade war bc the Olympics only happen once and then it’s over. At least in a trade war it’s on going.

He better think twice on this.

James

James wrote:

It'll create ripple effects just like the 80 and 84 boycotts did. When the next one rolls around, they'll boycott it to punish us and/or someone else will.

Apparently we're bombing Syria again. I think we're nearing the point where we need to walk away from this. We're never getting Assad out of power. The Russians aren't leaving either. It had reached the point where we were siding with terrorists because they opposed Assad. It's a shit show.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

It'll create ripple effects just like the 80 and 84 boycotts did. When the next one rolls around, they'll boycott it to punish us and/or someone else will.

Apparently we're bombing Syria again. I think we're nearing the point where we need to walk away from this. We're never getting Assad out of power. The Russians aren't leaving either. It had reached the point where we were siding with terrorists because they opposed Assad. It's a shit show.

Wasn’t trump doing his fair share of drone strikes though?

This is why i think the communist strategy against us is ingenious. It’s so easy to divide us with misinformation and propaganda...it’s paralyzed our government.

Our obscene spending on military will keep us ‘safe’ while simultaneously justifying its existence with just enough conflict to keep bit all going.

I’m impressed with th cognitive dissonance that keeps us all paralyzed.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-allow-migr … 57212.html

I know I only set the table for criticism by posting this...

But it seems to me that in 6 weeks Biden is kicking some major ass...he wasn’t my first choice but he’s following through.

I really don’t know what could possibly be controversial about this...this should make everyone feel good.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, they put themselves in this position, no? And it's only going to embolden more people to flood the boarder during a pandemic. I don't agree with using separation as a deterrent, but all families get separated when caught because kids aren't allowed in adult facilities, especially when a lot of these families aren't actually family. One of the reasons they couldn't be reunited is because there was no way to prove that the kid was really theirs. The whole reason they bring kids with them is as a tool because they have/did have a better chance of being released into the population with a kid instead of being sent back.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Who did this to themselves? The Democrats or the immigrants?

I’m just not worried about this...if there’s anything this country has an abundance of its shit paying low skill jobs. There’s an infinite number of them.

The only reason this would bother you is if you have a preconceived notion about who gets to be an American and who doesn’t.

If you think we need to be done with immigration then be consistent...it was pretty obvious that Trump wanted immigration from certain countries and certain cultures.

I hope i live to see the day when whites are no longer the majority. Then maybe people can see that this experiment doesn’t require white people to succeed. The United States is more than the white nationalism that Trump put on display.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Settle down, mitch. I'm from Florida, there's not an infinite number of these jobs, and migrants despise illegal immigrants (look at Chavez). It's not fair to them.

And yes, if you break into a country illegally and use a child to do it, it's your fault. You don't get to be an American just by passing through a fence, especially when they really don't want to be Americans. This isn't about citizenship, so you need to readjust your outrage. It's about American currency.

Self-hating white people are all kinds of mental.

Board footer