You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Eight Democratic senators voted along with Republicans to put the kibosh to the minimum wage increase.

Same as it ever was....

It's obvious they use the same play from the Republican playbook....when you want to get out of actually doing anything  substantial that doesn't include defense spending, trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich, and corporate welfare, they allow a handful of their party members to take the temporary heat for blocking an agenda they never intended to follow through on in the first place while the rest get a free pass.

It's beyond sickening.

I'm not even arguing for or against it.... just stating a simple fact.

I'm calling it now.... nothing substantial will get done the next two years. We will then see the Republicans take the House and Senate.

Unless The Rock has a Trump like rise to the presidency...or Will Smith who is apparently thinking about jumping in to politics....

Republicans will take the presidency in 2024.

For people who claimed a fascist takeover was  a cunt hair away from happening and we must prevent it from ever gaining momentum again, they sure aren't doing anything to actually lead us in the right direction.

They are controlled opposition at this point.

Edit

I am no longer buying the too convenient excuse that Republicans and Manchin are to blame for blocking their so called agenda.

They are blocking it themselves.

Go back to 2009...they had a filibuster proof majority for two years and the only substantial thing they did was gutting their own health care bill so them and the insurance lobby could get mega rich.

Why didn't they push a $15 minimum wage back then? Because like now, there was no real intention of passing it.

I think it’s a mistake for the Dems to negotiate with the republicans unless they actually vote yes on the stimulus bill.

Biden’s approval ratings are through the roof and when they pass this stimulus Bill 51-50 it’ll be very clear that republicans has no intention of voting for it despite concessions to the stimulus checks. What good is making a concession if you don’t actually get any Republican votes?

Same shit happened in 2009. Why do they make concessions?

It’s a shame that only 5 weeks into this new term that you’ve given up and declared the whole thing a failure so much so that you’ve already declared that the republicans win back all 3 branches of government.

Fuck the rock btw...i won’t vote for him nor will i vote for some Trump retread

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It amazes me that you can casually admit to not being objective and not care about facts, but still act as though everyone else are the assholes who disagree with your *feelings* on whatever issue.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Did trumps movement not begin by questioning a sitting president’s citizenship for no other reason than he was black?

How many times did trump say to his fanatics at rallies that countries like Mexico weren’t sending us their best? That these people were thugs and criminals? That these people were animals?

Did he not on numerous occasions specify certain Scandinavian countries and other countries that are predominantly white?

How many times did trump distinguish between legal and illegal immigration? He didn’t...so why should i?

Seems to me you’re forgetting some facts.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Did trumps movement not begin by questioning a sitting president’s citizenship for no other reason than he was black?

How many times did trump say to his fanatics at rallies that countries like Mexico weren’t sending us their best? That these people were thugs and criminals? That these people were animals?

Did he not on numerous occasions specify certain Scandinavian countries and other countries that are predominantly white?

How many times did trump distinguish between legal and illegal immigration? He didn’t...so why should i?

Seems to me you’re forgetting some facts.

Here are the relevant points on this issue at this specific juncture.....

- Trump is out of office. He has no power.

- The children's cages are now at full capacity. They weren't before. Like a page out of 1984, right before filling them up like sardine cans, they stopped calling them cages. I wonder why?

I guess it's ok to have what Dems referred to as "Auschwitz for kids" as long as it's a dem placing them in a cage.

How many times did trump say to his fanatics at rallies that countries like Mexico weren’t sending us their best?

They're not sending their best.

People who blindly defend this shit have no skin in the game.

If/when Covid ever dies down, take a vacation here to the CA Central Valley. I'll take you on the grand tour....

Fast food establishments with workers who can't speak English. Try ordering your Whopper and onion rings under those circumstances.

Spanish billboards everywhere making a few of our main streets look like downtown Tijuana.

Going into an establishment where you're looked down on for being white.

Here's the encore....

I'll drop you off at midnight on the west side where all these "best people" you defend live.

You won't last five minutes.

The cherry on top is the fact that they won't give you a free pass for loving them on the internet. In fact, you'd get your jaw caved in even quicker because you don't understand what you're dealing with.

I want these people to spread out quicker than they do and start ruining other liberal areas of the country. They need to start infecting more middle/upper middle suburbs. It's the only way people are going to take this seriously.

It's the NIMBY crap on steroids. As long as they're not a huge problem in your area, keep the floodgates open!

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Eight Democratic senators voted along with Republicans to put the kibosh to the minimum wage increase.

Same as it ever was....

It's obvious they use the same play from the Republican playbook....when you want to get out of actually doing anything  substantial that doesn't include defense spending, trillion dollar tax cuts for the rich, and corporate welfare, they allow a handful of their party members to take the temporary heat for blocking an agenda they never intended to follow through on in the first place while the rest get a free pass.

It's beyond sickening.

I'm not even arguing for or against it.... just stating a simple fact.

I'm calling it now.... nothing substantial will get done the next two years. We will then see the Republicans take the House and Senate.

Unless The Rock has a Trump like rise to the presidency...or Will Smith who is apparently thinking about jumping in to politics....

Republicans will take the presidency in 2024.

For people who claimed a fascist takeover was  a cunt hair away from happening and we must prevent it from ever gaining momentum again, they sure aren't doing anything to actually lead us in the right direction.

They are controlled opposition at this point.

Edit

I am no longer buying the too convenient excuse that Republicans and Manchin are to blame for blocking their so called agenda.

They are blocking it themselves.

Go back to 2009...they had a filibuster proof majority for two years and the only substantial thing they did was gutting their own health care bill so them and the insurance lobby could get mega rich.

Why didn't they push a $15 minimum wage back then? Because like now, there was no real intention of passing it.

I think it’s a mistake for the Dems to negotiate with the republicans unless they actually vote yes on the stimulus bill.

Biden’s approval ratings are through the roof and when they pass this stimulus Bill 51-50 it’ll be very clear that republicans has no intention of voting for it despite concessions to the stimulus checks. What good is making a concession if you don’t actually get any Republican votes?

Same shit happened in 2009. Why do they make concessions?

It’s a shame that only 5 weeks into this new term that you’ve given up and declared the whole thing a failure so much so that you’ve already declared that the republicans win back all 3 branches of government.

Fuck the rock btw...i won’t vote for him nor will i vote for some Trump retread

I've declared it a failure because it's clearly 2009-10 all over again but this time without the filabuster proof majority.

They're blaming Republicans even though they don't need them for a simple majority. Now some of them are voting with Republicans when it's something both sides are genuinely against.

They blamed them in 2009-10 even though Republicans had zero power at the time.

You're being fooled again.

I'm not falling for it.

They immediately backed away from 2k and started including the Trump 600 so it can add up to 2k.

Talk about "fuzzy math".

Less people are eligible for this stimulus. Last stat I saw on the subject, 16 million people will not receive this stimulus who got the Trump stimulus.

That is pure shit optics.

They're already setting up the coming red wave. Because they refuse to take charge and actually lead in difficult times, they're going to allow people who believe in pizzagate and Jewish space lasers to take control.

Dems only like to pretend they can lead and would like to be in charge during republican cycles. It's because they can run off at the mouth promising the moon but not having to deliver anything.

Once in charge....nada.

Look at 2009-10 and now for examples.

James

James wrote:

Twice in a week, the white House has killed Biden's feed when he mentions allowing questions.

That should be a scandal. If his feed can be killed before anyone can ask him a question, something is seriously wrong.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Kamala is now talking with world leaders now more frequently.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Kamala is now talking with world leaders now more frequently.

I would prefer that a competent Secretary of State or even Defense handle that role. Hell... it's a job meant for State.

They're going to try to transition her into a legit leader. She was polling at the bottom of the barrel...they know she's not viable.

Gotta force it in case they need to 25th Joe out of DC.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Horrible speech by Biden.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

excellent speech by biden...AND no bleach was consumed

Board footer