You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

So, they're seriously considering getting rid of the filibuster. Biden is now denouncing it as racist when before he said it was basically a fundamental tool for democracy. Even if they do this they may not have enough votes to get controversial bills passed so they'd only be handing over total control to Republicans when that awful, terrible Warnock loses his seat.

There's also a move to ban minors from receiving puberty blockers and gender reassignment. Not sure I like the federal government making these decisions for families. Yeah, detransitioning is real, regret is real, but that ultimately falls on the parents for allowing their kid to get a sex change when they weren't really prepared for it.

Like voting rights, these are unforced errors republicans keep stepping into, imo.

misterID

misterID wrote:

"In the DC suburb of Loudon County, Virginia, a teacher asks his students to name the differences in a photo of two women. A student says they're two people. The teacher grows frustrated and demands they acknowledge the "racial differences" between them. "

The left is literally sewing racial hatred and discontent. You would expect this from a grand wizard not a teacher.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

"In the DC suburb of Loudon County, Virginia, a teacher asks his students to name the differences in a photo of two women. A student says they're two people. The teacher grows frustrated and demands they acknowledge the "racial differences" between them. "

The left is literally sewing racial hatred and discontent. You would expect this from a grand wizard not a teacher.

We're being socially engineered.

I feel sorry for the youth of today. The world is just garbage...a mere facsimile of what it used to be.

Imagine growing up in this shit.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I find all of this to be an overreaction.

This is what happens when so many people just don’t give a fuck about anything.

Chauvin will get off Scott free...gun violence will continue to occur. Rinse and repeat. And we’ll continue to suck ourselves off by telling ourselves we’re the greatest country and the greatest people in the world.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Iwe’ll continue to suck ourselves off by telling ourselves we’re the greatest country and the greatest people in the world.

The west is in a state of collapse.

The fact that the US is a hyperpower with the greatest war machine in history is the only reason the collapse is happening slowly and keeping us afloat.

We just survived a coked out reality TV host presidency the world was obsessed with and immediately went into a senile presidency.

A lesser country would not survive this.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … hecks.html

I watched the presser today. What a joke. Prepared answers to questions he knew was coming. Lol

It's not really that bad. I can assure you...it can and WILL get worse.

He's such a weak leader. It's embarrassing on the world stage.

As long as they can keep him contained, he sticks to a basic script, and he continues to pass certain things...looks like infrastructure is up next....we can make it through a Biden presidency...which I guarantee will be one term, if that.

All he has to do is keep us afloat.

This is nothing more than a transitional presidency.

He should've run in 2016. He probably would have won. Grandma wanted to sit in the big seat and have her war with Russia so he stepped aside.

Actually if we had to have Biden, I wish it could've been 2008. He wasn't bad then and he had all his marbles. Go watch a Biden speech back then and compare it to today.

misterID

misterID wrote:

There are going to be riots because of George Floyd no matter what the verdict is. People want new shoes and to burn shit.

Btw, if anyone has Randall's email can you tell him to come back. I mean, it makes no sense people were hell bent on getting rid of him only to STOP posting once he left.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

There are going to be riots because of George Floyd no matter what the verdict is. People want new shoes and to burn shit.

Btw, if anyone has Randall's email can you tell him to come back. I mean, it makes no sense people were hell bent on getting rid of him only to STOP posting once he left.

This was my only PM to him:

Well I appreciate you reaching out.

Flagg...when you threatened to dox me I was legitimately scared. It doesn't take much to ruin someone's business or career especially in health care. I have lost so many relationships, so many colleagues and been swindled by so many in my career as a business owner that it wasn't that hard to believe that you could or would do that. I never forgave you for that.

I'm will to let bygones be bygones if you are. We can start clean and fresh.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

There’s nothing wrong with Biden’s presidency being a one term/return to normalcy/transitional whatever you feel like calling it.

Never had any issue with Flagg so I don’t know why he stopped posting.  Yes, I know he had issues with others but it wasn’t to the Buzzsaw level.

misterID

misterID wrote:

My concern about Biden isn't his frailty, but he seems to be allowing the progressive circle around him to run his administration (another reason he sounds incoherent, imo) which is not who Biden used to be.

Board footer