You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Unless we absolutely need to, we should not intervene at all in Eastern Europe.  It's just messy over there with all types of issues like Belarus' election and human rights issues.

It's a dicey situation.

If we place troops in there, it ups the ante. If the Russians roll in anyways and we do nothing, it'll make us look weak. If we clash, it's a huge escalation.

I've yet to see it mentioned in the coverage yet but it needs to be....

Back in 2014 when Russia invaded, it came out a bit later that Russian forces brought tactical nukes in the event of us entering the conflict.

Ukraine isn't the line in the sand anyways....

It's Poland.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Russia is really up to no good. On top of the Ukraine situation, they are sending forces to the Arctic and about to test their superweapon  Poseidon...a nuclear torpedo that can cause radioactive tidal waves.

If they really test this live, Biden better sanction the shit out of them. Such a weapon should only be tested in computer simulations.

Sky Dog wrote:

Biden gets rolled by China and Russia...we are sheep to the slaughter. China threw the first punch.

Sky Dog wrote:

You know....I don’t really think on a day to day scale of our presence in the world and don’t care to argue every little petty issue that arises. Simple fact is Biden isn’t going to have any edge with China and Russia. None.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Biden and Kamala actually got elected. Unbelievable.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

You know....I don’t really think on a day to day scale of our presence in the world and don’t care to argue every little petty issue that arises. Simple fact is Biden isn’t going to have any edge with China and Russia. None.

Are you implying anyone did? Are you implying that Trump did?

The reason we have no leverage is because they’re beating us hand over fist at everything.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Biden and Kamala actually got elected. Unbelievable.

Is this an actual admission from a Trump supporter that Biden win legitimately?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Btw, if anyone has Randall's email can you tell him to come back. I mean, it makes no sense people were hell bent on getting rid of him only to STOP posting once he left.

I think he's just taking a break but yeah....I want him back too. Everyone but Mitch who was complaining about him stopped posting literally a nanosecond after Flagg stopped posting.

It showed how insincere the outrage was.

I can still think the tone Flagg takes when he posts here is rude, abrasive and not constructive even if I don't jump in this thread frequently. Don't think it was outrage either, just pointing out that he always seemed intentionally inflammatory and condescending. I'll add that from what I've observed when just reading lately that Mitch does the same and not just in this thread.

On topic: I am always amazed with how what's going on in Ukraine keeps being forgotten by Western media.

Edit: Amazed, but sadly not surprised.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Flaggs disappearance is interesting.  I'll admit, I think he & I went at it hard in 2008, and I disliked him much more then. But looking back yeah he disappeared.  He did goto Iraq tho after that, and maybe was there in 2012 or had just recently returned and wasn't on the guns forum, but then yeah 2016 he was on again. And again in 2020.

So, maaaaaybe its all a coincidence that he stirs things up election years then drops, but maybe he gets a kick out of it. Solves a problem in his life. On the other hand tho maybe he views things like whats done is done, and just gets over it and moves on.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Btw, if anyone has Randall's email can you tell him to come back. I mean, it makes no sense people were hell bent on getting rid of him only to STOP posting once he left.

I think he's just taking a break but yeah....I want him back too. Everyone but Mitch who was complaining about him stopped posting literally a nanosecond after Flagg stopped posting.

It showed how insincere the outrage was.

I can still think the tone Flagg takes when he posts here is rude, abrasive and not constructive even if I don't jump in this thread frequently. Don't think it was outrage either, just pointing out that he always seemed intentionally inflammatory and condescending. I'll add that from what I've observed when just reading lately that Mitch does the same and not just in this thread.

Can you be specific? I’ll admit in here things get hostile but i don’t see where I’ve done anything inflammatory outside of this thread.

Board footer