You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm all in agreement of wearing masks in crowds or stores etc. It's just basic manners.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

The mask one is just weird to me. Like can you be lawfully arrested in the US for not wearing a mask? Honest question.

Depends on the state and municipality.  My state has a bill being presented that would make it a misdemeanor to not wear one out in public.  It has no chance of passing and is being offered by a Philadelphia democrat for media attention.  But Biden and Harris have wobbled on their stance on a national mask mandate.  Once you codify something into law, it's going to be enforced.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Do we think the ballots found in the ditch were planted to show the problems with mail in voting or do we think someone actually was dumb enough to do that?

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

Do we think the ballots found in the ditch were planted to show the problems with mail in voting or do we think someone actually was dumb enough to do that?

You talking about the military ballots?

Randall Flagg

Hadn't heard of this yet.  Sadly this isn't anything new.  28 million ballots are unaccounted for between 2012 and 2018:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic … 43033.html

Dr Fauci has said there is no reason not to vote in person this November.  I absolutely will be at the polls in person.

This is why we need election reform in this country and need to have better validation and protection.  We're the only western nation that doesn't require any kind of ID to vote, and now we've removed signature validation in almost every battleground state.  I don't know who these people are that don't have a State ID since you can't even open a bank account without one.  Shit like this will continue to happen until we join the 21st century.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think I'm too dialed into politics. I had a sex dream about Amy Coney Barrett. She was very aggressive.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

I think I'm too dialed into politics. I had a sex dream about Amy Coney Barrett. She was very aggressive.

This is where SG now comes in with his Melania fantasies.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sorry James but everything you just typed has zero relevance to how those cops acted once he was in cuffs and on the ground. Zero and frankly I find these type of posts disturbing.  You are trying to justify the behaviour of the police after they killed someone while cuffed and on the ground and that's fucked up. There is no defending it and I'd question anyone who tries.

Floyd may not have been a Saint, but that doesn't give cops the right to act the way they did.

Who's defending it? You asked a question...I gave you the answer.  That's the answer whether it's here or anywhere else.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:

Bringing up his past is serving what purpose exactly?

It's a reminder that when cops kill someone, it's never Little Red Riding Hood.

Whether black or white, half the time it's a rapist, the other half it's a guy with enough felonies to fill a phone book.

When huge segments of the country start worshiping criminals and turning them into martyrs and civil rights icons, a dose of reality is in order.

The 1960s had Rosa Parks....the 2020s have a guy who assaults and robs pregnant women.

If you point out such simple facts in today's world, you're accused of being the Grand Wizard of the KKK.  It tells me that a lot of people should've picked their icons a bit more wisely. Heroes and icons are usually able to be scrutinized without such venomous rage being spewed at them.

On Twitter, Floyd is deemed a hero. Only in 2020 do heroes get to break into houses and put knives up to the bellies of pregnant women.

This country is broken.

Read your post again. It is disturbing how you are framing what occurred. That's my opinion.

Board footer