You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I guess Mitch is under the impression only America does business with China. And I'd say anyone exploits slave labor to produce cheap shit at maximum profit... They're the greedy ones.

I guess ID is under the impression that this country is not a leading consumer of Chinese made bullshit.

I’d say anyone who buys these products is equally responsible.

The genocidal communist slavers are worse. We shouldn't be doing business with them (with our size, of course we're the #1 consumers, I mean, yeah) but no one should be. I know you hate America, white people, men, republicans, centrists, the government, southerners and who knows who all else, but even you, considering how much you hate this country, cannot deny the fact China is worse.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

35 votes is more than 54 in the Senate...

The most feckless government body to ever exist.

50 senators can create a Senate committee to investigate right now. Nothing is stopping them. They don't want that, they knew this little commission wouldn't pass, but they wanted the press for it. It's a sham, just like the Trump impeachment when they refused to call witnesses. There are already investigations going on and charges against over 400 people. Stop being a sheep with the faux outrage.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I guess Mitch is under the impression only America does business with China. And I'd say anyone exploits slave labor to produce cheap shit at maximum profit... They're the greedy ones.

I guess ID is under the impression that this country is not a leading consumer of Chinese made bullshit.

The genocidal communist slavers are worse. We shouldn't be doing business with them (with our size, of course we're the #1 consumers, I mean, yeah) but no one should be. I know you hate America, white people, men, republicans, centrists, the government, southerners and who knows who all else, but even you, considering how much you hate this country, cannot deny the fact China is worse.

Yeah, this country has it's "issues".  But China is leagues worse than the USA.  I'm not sure how anyone can aruge this.  They used to have a policy where you could only have ONE child.  And there's the other shit you mentioned.

The reliance of USA and the World on Made in China products are a whole different topic and discussion.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

It appears the Israeli PM’s 12 year reign of dividing his people to stay in power is coming to an end. Looks like he was attempting to pull a Trump and start a major conflict that people are inexplicably blaming on Biden.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

But we constantly do business with them. It’s weird to draw the line where you do.

This isn’t a conversation about how good or bad the US is except as it pertains to it’s enabling of China. If you draw the line that were superior bc we don’t do the things China does but also acknowledge that we feed the beast...i say we’re not any better.

It’s the major hypocrisy of the whole Trump movement. The same people cheering on Trumps ‘hard stance’ on China are the same people that buy Chinese shit in droves. Idiots.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

China makes shit cheap and people like cheap shit and to a degree they have kept our suppliers honest from fvcking us even harder.

I am all for cutting ties with China, but our costs will go up across the board I would imagine.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

China makes shit cheap and people like cheap shit and to a degree they have kept our suppliers honest from fvcking us even harder.

I am all for cutting ties with China, but our costs will go up across the board I would imagine.

Distancing ourselves in any meaningful fashion isn’t possible. They have the precious minerals needed to make microchips and circuitry. Ours were all shut down. They make our electronics. This isn’t something that can be done at the drop of the hat. Mass processor output manufactured in the US would take years and subsidies to manifest. Trade laws and our inability to ever legislate properly something like this just makes it impractical. We design the damn things, but they’re manufactured in China.

We need China more than they need us day by day. The real threat is if China bans US exports, not if we reduce our imports.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Distancing ourselves in any meaningful fashion isn’t possible. They have the precious minerals needed to make microchips and circuitry. Ours were all shut down. They make our electronics. This isn’t something that can be done at the drop of the hat. Mass processor output manufactured in the US would take years and subsidies to manifest. Trade laws and our inability to ever legislate properly something like this just makes it impractical. We design the damn things, but they’re manufactured in China.

We need China more than they need us day by day. The real threat is if China bans US exports, not if we reduce our imports.

Correct...  if Apple wanted to pull out they couldn’t.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So is the rationale that Americans love cheap shit and therefore own none of the responsibilities of the way China does things?

Isn’t that a bit like filling your tank with gas but accepting no responsibility for what it does to the environment?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So is the rationale that Americans love cheap shit and therefore own none of the responsibilities of the way China does things?

Isn’t that a bit like filling your tank with gas but accepting no responsibility for what it does to the environment?

We absolutely have a big role. Just like our drug addict citizens have a role in the flow of drugs and death it causes.

Board footer