You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Current Events Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

You are right....Bill Cosby and OJ didn’t do it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

You are right....Bill Cosby and OJ didn’t do it.

The legal system has nothing to do with whether you did it or not. Grow up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've been busy lately and completely out of the loop on current events, but I have noticed how goddamn woke Rick & Morty has gotten since the progressive crowd turned on Dan Harmon. The show just isn't the same. How is it after all these years, South Park is still the only relevant show when it comes to culture and politics, and the only guys who have balls and don't shrink under criticism? I had no problem with the Pringles and Wendy's stuff, but now they're doing anti vape commercials, and holy shit how lame.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Interesting, I’m a fan too and hadn’t noticed. When the Captain Planet knockoff killed a bunch of coal miners, it seemed very South Park esque to me.

misterID

misterID wrote:

When Rick, of all people, talked about the electoral college it made me want to barf. When he and Summer got jacked up on steroids and went around beating the shit out of all those "bad Americans" they were all white dudes.

The last great episode was the episode where Marty used the device that turned back time and had that whole "Up" segment, which was really brilliant.

Randall Flagg

I don’t think it’s a secret that Roiland and Harmon lean left, just as Parker and Stone lean right.

I understand your point, but we live in a world where if the street thug is anyone but a white man in fiction, you’ll have a legion of bored people on Twitter calling you a bigot. We can’t even acknowledge the increase of crime or those least likely to get vaccinated, cause the demographics don’t fit the woke narrative.

South Park mocked transgenderism by having Kyle turn black and Gerald becoming a dolphin. They drew Mohammed. No one is going to make satire that points out the absurdity of far left causes in today’s America.  It’s much easier to smugly parrot a far left talking point and feel superior. Point and case Rick’s slavery comment on the electoral college.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Matt and Trey Parker do not lean right...they actively hate both sides. I think you two are the ones that lean right. It does seem that you both watch a TON of TV. I wish I had that kind of free time.

Randall Flagg

I give two shits what artist believe politically, but….

"I hate conservatives but I really fucking hate liberals" is a direct quote from Matt Stone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Par … prov=sfti1

You have plenty of time to post on a forum. Maybe don’t start your nonsense attacking what other people do in their free time at 10:00 or 11:00 at night for 30 minutes, or any part of the day with Hulu. You look real douchey.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Matt and Trey Parker do not lean right...they actively hate both sides. I think you two are the ones that lean right. It does seem that you both watch a TON of TV. I wish I had that kind of free time.

Lol, okay. Mitch is an adult. An adult actually posted that.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Lol, okay. Mitch is an adult. An adult actually posted that.

What makes you an expert on adulting?

You’re literally talking about woke cartoons.

Board footer