You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

I was worried about Trump winning CPAC's strawpoll over the weekend for 2024 until I looked up historical winners and found that CPAC has only picked the winning nominee a handful of times.  Hopefully this is the norm and not the exception. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservat … straw_poll

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

It is concerning how they still cow tow to Trump…everyone is afraid of even talking publicly about challenging him. I have thought this all along. The Republicans need Trump because he brings out voters they wouldn’t otherwise get. I’m not impressed with any of his theoretical challengers, though. Even Desantis won’t bring the voters out like Trump can.

Normal, respectful, traditional politicians won’t bring out the radicals like Trump can.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I guess Trump has confirmed he's running again? That about seals it...it'll be a Biden/Trump rematch.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Matt and Trey Parker do not lean right...they actively hate both sides. I think you two are the ones that lean right. It does seem that you both watch a TON of TV. I wish I had that kind of free time.

Lol, okay. Mitch is an adult. An adult actually posted that.

What makes you an expert on adulting?

You’re literally talking about woke cartoons.

I was talking about popular tv shows, you're insulting people at a grade school level on a forum.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I was worried about Trump winning CPAC's strawpoll over the weekend for 2024 until I looked up historical winners and found that CPAC has only picked the winning nominee a handful of times.  Hopefully this is the norm and not the exception. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservat … straw_poll

Eh, I think he'd be more interested in making the next nominee. It'll also depends on if Biden actually runs for a second term.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I want DeSantis. He would be unbeatable.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

That's who I'm leaning towards at this very very early stage.  I have mixed feelings on his vaccine passport stuff though.  Please god, anyone but Trump.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lol, okay. Mitch is an adult. An adult actually posted that.

What makes you an expert on adulting?

You’re literally talking about woke cartoons.

I was talking about popular tv shows, you're insulting people at a grade school level on a forum.

ID...I'm sorry...but it seems like you watch a ton of TV...you seem to always be caught up on what every news network is doing. It seems you have all kinds of insights into Rick and Morty and Southpark.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't know why you'd think he'd be unbeatable. It's still very early to tell but he's relatively unknown at this point. Also, we've never had a president from Florida before. My guess is that Trump will eat him alive if DeSantis dares go against him.

I can tell you this...no one here in the upper midwest is talking about DeSantis.

Randall Flagg

Quit watching television, ID.  You're free to parrot the inaccuracies of pundits on television without a second thought, but watching Rick and Morty or South Park is just too much freedom.  I for one feel extremely guilty I enjoyed award winning television over the years that forced me to evaluate new ideas and get exposure to people from different cultures or life experiences.  I don't like books either, so please stop reading any material you'd like in your "free" time.

I know we're exiting a pandemic that kept people indoors for 15 months (and longer if some politicians had their way), but enjoying a TV show at 11:00 at night on a Sunday is just beyond the pale.

Board footer