You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/worl … -isis.html

Did Biden launch an air strike at a member of ISIS, or kill a civilian carrying water and his 7 children? 

Should get greater attention, no?

Yes, totally embarrassing

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Meanwhile routine traffic stop

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Progressives are not serious. They have an infrastructure bill ready to be passed, but are willing to destroy it to pass a pie in the sky bill that many in their own party don't want. It's either because they really never gave a shit about infrastructure or bipartisanship and it only serves to rouse up support for their goal to destroy the filibuster (ha!) Or they really enjoy being the party of perpetual victims and crybabies and it helps with campaign contributions.

Btw, I think it's pretty clear Trump doesn't want to be President again by demanding the 2020 election to be nulled before running again, which everyone knows won't happen. But it does give him a lot of power in the GOP.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Desantis pushing these ridiculous anti mask mandates is pure political theater to help keep him in the news to run for president. I'm sorry, I just don't think this guy has "it." And if he runs kissing Trump's ass, what independent is going to respect that?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Biden just ordered a shot in every arm. Yea, it won’t survive a week before courts stay it, but all the talk of fascism and abuse of power lobbied at Trump, and who’s actually doing it?  Afghanistan won’t be forgotten, and the DNC can’t even govern. If you think 3 more years won’t pacify the media’s COVID hysterics that cost Trump 2020, I strongly disagree.  Save all the people who voluntarily received the vaccine under Trump’s operation warp speed, Covid is no better today than it was in January. What victories does Biden have to celebrate?  His foreign policy is an utter disaster, illegal immigration and homicides are at their highest in decades. And his party wants to sink a 1.5 trillion dollar infrastructure plan. If they can’t do this, they’re completely fucked when Congress goes completely GOP in January 23. Trump may be toxic, but whoever the Republican nominee is will have his endorsement and rallies.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Senate's not going anywhere..and the House is no guarantee for the GOP.

Your whole argument is based on assumptions, not facts.

Our country will not be held hostage by a bunch of assholes who will take hydroxychloroquine and horse dewormer but won't get vaccinated. Fuck em.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Here is a reminder what every government know and have known for at least 2000 years.

1. It becomes known to Carthage that Rome is planning a final, punative war. Even the term itself derives from the Puni.

2. The Carthaginian Senate sends envoys to negotiate.

"Sorry bruh, legions are already on their way."

"What can we do? Perhaps if we surrender meekly they will treat us fairly."

"Yeah, let's do that!"

3. Rome says, "Sure, if you give up your weapons we will grant you your laws and your land."

"Hmm, that doesn't sound so bad. I guess we better comply."

4. Carthage complies.

5. Then Rome says, "By the way, we will raze the city to the ground and we will sell the people into slavery. The land and the laws you can keep."

So they have a pretty good idea how far they can push a population until they stop fighting each other and go for the incompetent leaders instead.

Then followed a scene of indescribable fury and madness such as the Maenads are said to enact in the Bacchic mysteries. Some fell upon those senators who had advised giving the hostages and tore them in pieces, considering them the ones who had led them into the trap. Others treated in a similar way those who had favored giving up the arms. Some stoned the ambassadors for bringing the bad news and others dragged them through the city.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

And where are you going with this?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

And where are you going with this?

It just reminded me when I saw you and Randall butting heads. We are quick to fight each other but not so much the real problem: those who run this shitshow. It is also an example how governments can squeeze people.

Board footer