You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It's always the media....the media has control over you...you are under control by media...you are incapable of real thought...that's the summary here...

I'm a smart, capable, individualist American...but the media which I choose to consume is the problem...

K

All you've done is repeat left wing media talking piints, asked if we've seen the Trump interview (nope), and then hoped Rittenhouse would kill Trump... I said the media inflamed tensions, especially with the sheep. You've proved my point.

Not sure what it proves since i never watch any news programs….and when i say never….i mean never…the three articles a week i read from yahoo news allegedly makes me a moron….

How can you call yourself an informed individual while simultaneously degrade the sources of information you claim make you an informed person?

I’ll never understand this….

What is so hard about it?  You have no issue watching Trump deliver information to you, recognize it as biased or disinformation, and recognize it as such.

You were completely misled about the riots last year to include Rittenhouse and his actions, but get upset that others recognize the flaws or disinformation in mainstream media. This isn’t a new revelation, Chomsky has written several books on the topic dating back to the mid 20th century.

I guess I don’t understand what’s so difficult to grasp that 1.) our media is a for profit entity, 2.) that for profit reality requires that they be susceptible to the means at which they gain profit - advertisers and viewers, and 3.) they’re incentivized to make their broadcasts appealing to their viewers, which is in direct conflict with the notion of objective, news reporting.

Are you incapable of reading different articles from the same source and not recognizing the absence of facts and/or imposed narrative on topics the network is aligned with?  If so, that’s a unique problem to your comprehension abilities.

Your repeated argument that if you dislike partisan media and disinformation you are unable to reference that media in any capacity is bananas. You certainly don’t hold to that maxim. You constantly shit on your country, yet have no issue advocating on positions you feel will enhance it (or hurt it, like how you celebrated COVID and told us we deserved it because Trump was elected. That as many people have died under Biden that have under Trump hasn’t made it to your talking points yet [and probably won’t since The Daily Beast or Business Insider haven’t written a rebuttal yet]).

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Remember when I said I'd never get a booster?

Yeah, just got the booster lol

I'm gonna get mine when I go shopping next week. I can't decide which shot to get. I may just get another J&J...my body already knows that one. They recommend mixing but I'll probably play it safe.

Looks like Ukraine might be heating up. Biden announced that US troops are off the table. In other words... Putin got the green light.  lol

Did you guys see where New Zealand might ban cigarettes for young people?!?

Crazy.

It's always the media....the media has control over you...you are under control by media...you are incapable of real thought...that's the summary here...

Not this shit again....

I thought banning flavored vapes was an overreach.

I'm already preparing myself for a second booster, but they should offer an incentive for it. No side effects for me, it's free, so wth. I'm not going to make a stink out of it.

Georgia is going to be a cluster fuck this coming election.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Ugh, I feel like crap. First time I've felt blah from a vaccine. Not anything terrible, just really worn out. Like when you have a fever. Now I definitely think they should have paid my ass for this shot tongue

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Well it will all even out after the fifth, sixth shot or so. Government is here to help you.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Ugh, I feel like crap. First time I've felt blah from a vaccine. Not anything terrible, just really worn out. Like when you have a fever. Now I definitely think they should have paid my ass for this shot tongue

Got a Moderna booster today.  Already have a sore arm.  Apparently, the pharmacist said I may get really tired tomorrow.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Well it will all even out after the fifth, sixth shot or so. Government is here to help you.

Regardless of how many boosters we get, this all boils down to one simple thing...

You've got a pair of dice in your hand. You have to roll it on the virus or the vaccine. No free passes, mulligans, or do overs.

I briefly rolled the dice on the virus. Didn't want the vaccine and figured the chance of catching Covid much less dying from it was one in millions.

I soon realized my chances were worse than that and then taking into account the fact that I'm not a spring chicken anymore, decided to roll the dice on the vaccine.

This is what the conspiracy communities continually gloss over. The virus isn't fake...the vaccine isn't fake...the outlandish scenarios pushed on those sites are doing more harm than good and a small minority of their members have likely already died.

A handful of the people posted on Reddits Herman Cain Award obviously posted on conspiracy sites.

Do I get a booster on Wednesday or do I risk blood clots, amputations, strokes, and my lungs turning into concrete? How about a ventilator down my throat, catheter in my dick, and a tube up my ass?

I'll take the damn shot. It lowers the chances of that crap happening around 80-90%.

It's just not worth the risk.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Regardless of how many boosters we get, this all boils down to one simple thing...

You've got a pair of dice in your hand. You have to roll it on the virus or the vaccine. No free passes, mulligans, or do overs.

I briefly rolled the dice on the virus. Didn't want the vaccine and figured the chance of catching Covid much less dying from it was one in millions.

I soon realized my chances were worse than that and then taking into account the fact that I'm not a spring chicken anymore, decided to roll the dice on the vaccine.

This is what the conspiracy communities continually gloss over. The virus isn't fake...the vaccine isn't fake...the outlandish scenarios pushed on those sites are doing more harm than good and a small minority of their members have likely already died.

A handful of the people posted on Reddits Herman Cain Award obviously posted on conspiracy sites.

Do I get a booster on Wednesday or do I risk blood clots, amputations, strokes, and my lungs turning into concrete? How about a ventilator down my throat, catheter in my dick, and a tube up my ass?

I'll take the damn shot. It lowers the chances of that crap happening around 80-90%.

This. Every medicine has listed potential side effects. It's all risk calculation.

In this case (and most cases to be honest) after weighing the risks, taking the medicine is the less risky option. This thing can mess anyone up no matter how healthy. Notable case here in Europe now, famous high level footballer at Bayern - Joshua Kimmich - refused to get vaccinated. He recently got Covid and is now rehabbing his lungs. This is a very healthy, in shape, high level professional athlete and he's been messed up bad by catching this thing.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Death rate has remained constant. This virus is no more dangerous than the flu. And you have no idea how dangerous the so called vaccine is. 6 pilots dropped dead last year. So far they are at 110 for this year. Over a hundred FIFA coaches and footballers, people in peak physical condition, dead from the jab. Pfizer manipulated the results, Government lets it happen. You going to trust these liars with your HEALTH? You've lived 50 years with the flu and you survived that.

Notable case here in Europe now, famous high level footballer at Bayern - Joshua Kimmich - refused to get vaccinated. He recently got Covid and is now rehabbing his lungs. This is a very healthy, in shape, high level professional athlete and he's been messed up bad by catching this thing.

Kimmich vs. the avalanche of footballers collapsing on the field with heart failure from the jab. And the data they are going to hide for 60 years because it's so safe and effective.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This virus is no more dangerous than the flu

I've seen a lot of people say this online...even laughing about it...and then a week later their wives posting a Facebook update about how they were crying when about to be placed on a ventilator.

The flu doesn't destroy your lungs and overload you with blood clots.

Having said that, I don't really want the flu neither. I'm not even sure if I've had the flu... might have just been a severe cold.

And you have no idea how dangerous the so called vaccine is

All vaccines throughout history have been risky. There's always been deaths and always will be.

I think the main reason there's been so many deaths is the fact billions have taken the vaccine this past year... which is unprecedented.

Even if millions died from the vaccine, it doesn't change my point....

You're rolling the dice regardless of how serious you take the virus or vaccine.

Door number one or door number two....

You going to trust these liars with your HEALTH?

I don't trust big pharma...but I also don't trust a virus that might send me to my grave if I happen to catch it.

If this were the 1990s and I'm in my 20s....I probably wouldn't take it seriously. Would be much easier to laugh off the hysteria.

I'm not. I'm staring down the barrel of 50 and I'm not in the greatest of health. If possible, I'd like to live another 10-15 years. Out of the two choices in front of me, I had to go with the vaccine... regardless of how much money big pharma makes or how shady their past is.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Anti-Vaxx has become a religion.

My side effects were exacerbated by me not sleeping right, I've been pushing myself to get things done in a limited amount of time and I paid for it.

Board footer