You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I know it can be hard some times but making owning the libs a campaign theme isn’t the best for unification…

And Biden’s sanctions seem to be plummeting the Russian currency…

Old, rich white man bluster was never going to solve anything.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This isn't about owning the libs. I just quoted a lib. And you're simultaneously blaming old white men and praising an old white man. Not only are you the most miserable person I've ever met, but the most self-loathing. I honestly feel bad for anyone who has to deal with you in real life.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Ukrainian people are fighting hard. Putin is on the fvcking ropes. It is a damn shame NATO is a bunch of pussies here. Since they are willing to fight we could all help and send the Russians running back to Moscow. We are worried about what Russia would do, the should be worried about what we will do to them. Send the seals in and take that mother fvcker out. This is a farm more noble war than the 20 year war in Afghanistan.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This isn't about owning the libs. I just quoted a lib. And you're simultaneously blaming old white men and praising an old white man. Not only are you the most miserable person I've ever met, but the most self-loathing. I honestly feel bad for anyone who has to deal with you in real life.

Trump and Putin are two sides of the same coin. That’s the point.

Even Reagan thought the way to beat the Russians was to attack the economy…not with force.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Mitch, they aren't hurting the economy like Reagan did. They said they weren't. The big reason is because of rising gas prices, which will only go higher with sanctions. They've completely screwed themselves with this. It's too late for us to do any significant damage to their economy.

Biden was supposed to handle Putin better than Trump. He hasn't.

I'm not saying anything about using force.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Someone made a point that Putin seems to be mentally deteriorating. He's had some weird public appearances, after very unPutin like. It does raise a question about having someone with some neurologic issue having control over a nuclear arsenal.

Sky Dog wrote:

Putin is simply taking advantage of a weaker opponent. We are toast to China and Russia. Done. No threat. Bend over and take it in the ass.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Putin is on the fvcking ropes.

lol

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … nd-germany

What do you know, Germany is finally going to pay "it's fair share" on Defense spending.  Let's hope other European nations that have let their militaries decay follows suit.  Who was it that was lambasted for repeatedly pointing out the shortcomings of NATO and lack of contractual obligations in military spending?  Can someone remind me?  Was it the guy who wanted to sanction the Nord Stream pipeline 3 years ago?  Or was it the candidate who predicted Ukraine would fall unless he was elected President?

https://twitter.com/KyleMartinsen_/status/1497243014699311106?s=20&t=dmpfd7_Iz4ezVhGcdo27ZQ

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles … nd-germany

What do you know, Germany is finally going to pay "it's fair share" on Defense spending.  Let's hope other European nations that have let their militaries decay follows suit.  Who was it that was lambasted for repeatedly pointing out the shortcomings of NATO and lack of contractual obligations in military spending?  Can someone remind me?  Was it the guy who wanted to sanction the Nord Stream pipeline 3 years ago?  Or was it the candidate who predicted Ukraine would fall unless he was elected President?

Sure couldn’t be the guy cheering on Putin right now.

Board footer