You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

No sales to minors would be my vote. 21 and up. No need for an 18 year old to have an AR.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So we know that the shooter was 18 and it was illegal to have the handgun he murdered 18 and counting with. Reports I’m reading say the school had security in place. And it’s now being reported some elite squad from Border Patrol (why do we have commandos in border patrol?) swept the school and took out the shooter.

Because the intersectionality of the shooter is protected and beyond critique, leaders are demanding something be done. Heller and McDonald affirmed the right of Americans to own a handgun. Nothing short of an Amendment can alter that right. They can’t blame “assault weapons”, white supremacy or the GOP, so what batshit solution that will have no impact on murders like these be put forth?  We’ve had more children get shot in the past couple of months in Pittsburgh than happened in this tragedy today, and we’re a medium city. Chicago sees this many children get shot by a handgun each weekend and nothing is done to make real change.

The guns these sick fucks are using aren’t new. They’ve been available to the general public for almost a century. It’s the increase in violence that’s unique, and any real discussion about why and where it happens is off the table. Monkey pox was on its way to being the new fad until we found out it’s almost entirely being transmitted by gay men, and now that story is being buried.

Meanwhile the West is backing Putin into a corner while the globe is on the verge of a global recession if not depression. How did we get out of the last global depression?

People who get worked up about the shit they show on TV thousands of miles away but remain dumb about the shit happening 4 miles from their front door astound me. It’s getting to the point where people won’t be able to afford to drive and the cost of shipping will go through the roof. People won’t be able to afford food. This formula shit is just the beginning, and if you’re not aware of what foreign nations have all but a monopoly on American meat supplies, you’re not paying attention.

This incident is tragic, but it’s another fucking distraction. I’ve lost 25% of my 401k in the past 4 months, and I’m not in the minority. There are a lot of repercussions for shutting down the world for a year because elderly cancer patients were dying in droves from a virus. A dramatic increase in homicide and civil unrest is just the most apparent.

And rather than focus on the impending doom as we crater towards a depression and dare Putin and to a lesser extent Xi to go nuclear, we’re being funneled into two camps that either support infanticide or think a zygote has full constitutional protections. Or at least that’s what your led to believe if you follow corporate media or their surrogates through social media.

I’m not falling for it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Flagg is bringing the heat! Good post!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No, a border agent just happened to be near the scene. He ran into the school without backup and killed the kid, and got shot in the process. Friggin hero.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, a border agent just happened to be near the scene. He ran into the school without backup and killed the kid, and got shot in the process. Friggin hero.

Folks are still saying there was a chase and he crashed by the school and there was an exchange outside the school before going in but reports of that have been dismissed.

What is wild is the person filming from across the street it seems. That tells me there had to be some altercation because why would she be randomly filming?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I will be you the shooter WAS on meds for mental issues (Ritalin/whatever), turned 18, and stopped taking his prescription. It is a common thread among many of the shooters.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Every mass shooter has sent up red flags. The authorities just did nothing. The Waffle House shooter literally had his guns confiscated and his dad just went and picked them up from the cops and gave them back to him. There are laws that aren’t being enforced. It’s another reason you can’t leave this up to local law enforcement.

I bet you they’ll have had incidents with this guy

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

People won’t be able to afford food

Yeah this should be breaking news instead of the trending topics of the day.

I notice an increase every time I go to the store. I went to Safeway yesterday as I like buying my meat there and holy shit....15 bucks for a pound and a half of olive loaf! Can you imagine? A small pack of the brand of bacon I eat was $12.49....and it's only enough for a couple pita sandwiches.

This isn't sustainable.

The price of Chuck is bat shit insane.

I rarely drink milk...only use it for grape nuts....but I went on Amazon and bought a huge can of milk powder. It's only a matter of time before there's milk shortages as well.

A can of that will probably last me a year.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pasta by far is the biggest bang for the buck. Been eating a lot of pasta and frozen broccoli (with olive oil and salt).  Delish!

Board footer