You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

So republicans and democrats are working on gun control and are apparently making progress according Collins and Murphy. Then president Grandpa Simpson waddles out and tries to blow it all up. You’re not going to ban rifles or allow companies to be sued. It’s not happening. But he knows this. He said the quiet part out loud when he begged people to vote on it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You’re not going to ban rifles or allow companies to be sued. It’s not happening

This reminds me of that crazy Law & Order episode when that massacre happens in the park, Jack gets pissed off and goes scorched Earth, and then goes after the gun manufacturers.

They go through the insanity of a trial and in the end, the judge tosses it out as he knows it'll be reversed on appeal.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Okay, I’ll say it, the country was better with the grandpa who told racist jokes, talked about all the chicks he banged in high school, and gave you your first cigarette at nine. This sucks.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Okay, I’ll say it, the country was better with the grandpa who told racist jokes, talked about all the chicks he banged in high school, and gave you your first cigarette at nine. This sucks.

Yeah this country is in deep shit either way we slice it.

Another round of shrinkflation is coming. If a can of tuna gets any smaller, we'll be buying air. Smaller size for more money and worse quality!

Some brands are already changing their ingredients for the worse. While I rarely get it anymore because I mainly eat Greek yogurt and have for years, I bought some Bay View Farms yogurt and it sucked. I used to love it for  it's unique gelatin texture but it was lacking this time.

It was the last "regular" yogurt brand I would eat.

Stores are out of various items any time you go. It's getting ridiculous.

I went to Walmart to get Wolf's chili and they were out!

Now I can't have chili dogs....

I'll probably have to buy some on Amazon.

Republicans need to really push the "Bare shelf Biden" nickname. "Bidenflation" is pretty good too.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Biden (or Harris) needs to be primaried. And it should be the person who should have got the nomination in the first place: Amy Klobuchar.

He’s using a special presidential powers move meant for national defense to help our energy supply. For what? To bring in more solar panels from China. Not oil or gas supply or pushing through nuclear plants. Solar panels. He’s a joke.

James

James wrote:

He's definitely a one term president. I don't even think a major war or some other  event like a terrorist attack could allow him to slide into a second term.

His pooch has been screwed on all fronts.

I'm starting to wonder if he'll even run again. He might just exit stage left like LBJ.

It really is amazing how incompetent and corrupt this administration has been. They're also finding out that constantly bitching about the other side does not cause an increase in support.

Funny how people who ran around yelling "the sky is falling" every time that Trump's approval ratings were shown now have nothing to say on the matter.

It used to be brought up constantly on the politics sub on Reddit but the past two years it's like they forgot the president has approval ratings.

As far as I know, he hasn't kept a single campaign promise.

I saw it pop up on my news feed that AOC is having a conniption fit because the Dems want to drop the "LatinX" nonsense.

I think it's too little,, too late. The time to drop that crap was years ago when the Hispanic community thought it was bat shit crazy.

Having said that... tossing all the lunatic fringe hogwash overboard would be the smartest thing they've done yet.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It depends on his ego. If he’s really as pissed about his poll numbers as they say and he’s afraid about being seen as Jimmy Carter 2.0 he’ll run.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I distinctly remember being in a political science course 20 years ago and my professor was outraged that my friend thought Carter was a contender for the worst president in modern history.  You have the same thing now.  It doesn't matter that more people died from COVID with the vaccine available in 2021 than died without it in 2020.  It doesn't matter that inflation, gas and the cost of basic necessities are through the roof.  It doesn't matter that violence and crime is at a 20 year high and climbing.  The people committed to the Democratic party as if it were their religion will never consider that they or their elected leaders are wrong or flubbed.  I'm sure the usual suspect will be here shortly to remind us how awful Trump made him feel inside, and how that's all that matters. 

Short of a medical emergency, Biden will be running in 24.  My very good friend who ran Trump's campaign in the midwest in 2016 and for half the country in 2020 (same guy who said Carter was a shit President 20 years ago) was in town a couple weeks ago with Trump for the rally here in Pittsburgh.  If you haven't figured it out yet, Trump is going to run in 24 too.  I don't think that is a good thing, as you'll see evidenced by the charade congressional Democrats are pulling with their televised hearings they hired an ABC producer to help them with.  They're going to lose in 22, but never underestimate 24/7 hysterics and fear mongering from every public media outlet and its impact on the American people.  Half the country thinks George Floyd was a good man and Kyle Rittenhouse is a murderer for shooting a convicted pedophile who was caught on video chasing him and trying to take away his weapon.

If you want rational, informed discussion, politics isn't the arena for that.  At least in this nation. 5 word or less slogans is all most people can muster for their beliefs and thoughts.  Remember, plenty of uninformed parrots still think Trump was compromised by Russia and Joe Biden and his son have done nothing immoral or illegal in their international business dealings.  Facts are a word that can loosely be interpreted as "Whatever information justifies my current belief, I accept blindly."  Trump embodies this notion just as much as Biden or AOC telling us the world only has 8 years left before we're a smoking pile of ash.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I wasn’t planning on watching the hearings, but I have, and I have to say they’re putting together one hell of an argument. Hopefully if nothing else, this cripples Trump in the primary.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Especially if he makes “the election was stolen” his campaign slogan. His rallies are shrinking, the candidates he’s endorsing are losing, he’s no longer a presence on social media. The e were ones are against him.

Board footer