You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Perhaps they want to get fired? Does Wisconsin have added unemployment benefits? TikTok “influencers” are really awful about encouraging shit like this. And it has real world consequences.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Perhaps they want to get fired? Does Wisconsin have added unemployment benefits? TikTok “influencers” are really awful about encouraging shit like this. And it has real world consequences.

I don’t know what to make of it all…it’s hard to explain but i cultivate very specific skill sets….if they think those things are marketable elsewhere they’re insane.

But of a lot of McDonalds (for my field) are opening up in the area…my guess is I’m being poached

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I tried to go to two places today for lunch…both were incomprehensibly closed.

I don’t know what’s going on…but it appears to be happening rapidly.

Where the fuck are the Dems right now?!

Food shortages....even corporate chains are running out of various supplies.

Waiting nervously for the clock to run out so they can hand this disaster over to the GOP....

....And then they'll whine on TV every day about how they could fix everything if they were in power.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don’t know what to make of it all…it’s hard to explain but i cultivate very specific skill sets….if they think those things are marketable elsewhere they’re insane.

But of a lot of McDonalds (for my field) are opening up in the area…my guess is I’m being poached

Good employees do get poached. Are they offering incentive bonuses? They’re doing that here but it’s not really helping. Fast food places are the hardest hit right now.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Good employees do get poached. Are they offering incentive bonuses? They’re doing that here but it’s not really helping. Fast food places are the hardest hit right now.

I don’t know…I’m not in the fast food industry to be clear…there is a ‘fast food’ type mentality coming to healthcare….

It’ll be one of those situations where it looks greener on the other side of the fence…then all the things they were promised will magically disappear…but by then it’s too late…

I pay my people over industry standard…

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I tried to go to two places today for lunch…both were incomprehensibly closed.

I don’t know what’s going on…but it appears to be happening rapidly.

It's the food shortage plus rising price of produce, meat etc.  Most mom and pop type restaurants live on the margins, and an economic downturn like this could put them out for good.  I had a favorite chain restaurant (local) that I went to the other day that closed up permanently the other day.

Plus McDonald's has gotten into the "shrinking" game, the large iced coffee I usually buy got transfomred into a medium size.

Dems will get thumped in the midterm and they would be insane to go with Biden again in 24.  You can easily make the "he is out of touch" argument on him.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don’t know…I’m not in the fast food industry to be clear…there is a ‘fast food’ type mentality coming to healthcare….

It’ll be one of those situations where it looks greener on the other side of the fence…then all the things they were promised will magically disappear…but by then it’s too late…

I pay my people over industry standard…

Ah, I don’t think anyone would be running off to work at McDonald’s then

misterID

misterID wrote:

There’s been a big shift in Hispanic politics, and they’re turning into republicans. Like James mentioned, they just flipped a Texas seat red last night that has been in Democrat control for over a hundred years. Also, Elon Musk endorsed her and has left the Democrat party to become a Republican. I’ve noticed a war between conservatives and populists and the rise of what they call “Barstool” republicans, who are more liberal. I’m wondering how this all plays out.

There’s a big chance an immigration bill gets passed soon. There’s a push to bring in more immigrants because of job shortages from the right. I would never have thought they’d get a gun bill passed, but here we are. This election is going to be very interesting.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Edit: Wrong thread 14

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The WHO is going to rename Monkeypox because they're worried about racism surrounding the virus.

It's unbelievable that the world just keeps sinking lower and lower. Who in the hell thinks about racist shit when they see Monkeypox?

First they were having conniption fits over any potential negativity towards gay men...now it's about racism?

What's next....will the virus identify as non-binary?

Board footer