You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh, Barstool republicans are basically tied to Barstool sports. Basically, anti woke dudes who lean more liberal. Sort of like Joe Rogan.

There must be a lot of them out there i think.

Like people who were originally "left wing" in that they think there should be a strong social safety net, don't mind a moderate amount of government regulation on business in the public interest, and don't mind a reasonable level of taxation to achieve those aims. People who are capitalist but who think no regulation unlimited capitalism could be too far.

They are left in the sense that a right wing person likes small government and less taxes, but they don't necessarily subscribe to the modern leftist theories of gender and racism in everthing.

I consider myself a little like this in that I have some sympathy for the poor, and I think it's unrealistic to think everyone down and out has a realistic shot of bootstrapping themselves to a good place, especially when some of them face multi-generational disadvantages. However at the same time, so much of what the mainstream media pushes as sexism, racism and all the so called woke stuff is just illogical and outright nuts to me too. I don't think there's a political home for me at this stage. The far right is racist which I can't accept, the middle right i see their point but they're so harsh and mean, there doesn't seem to be a center, and then the whole left seems to a land of people who believe things I think are bordering on crazy. Why is there no centre and why is there no moderate left? That's my 2c anyway.

Yeah, it’s sort of like old blue collar guys who are now more socially liberal vs traditional conservatives…. Who were really beginning to fade away. They’re really anti corporate elite, take no shit kind of people. I guess you would call it populist, and that’s where the war is with republicans here.

The right wingers, especially Bush “war hawk” conservatives, are becoming Democrats now.

I consider myself pragmatic, I believe in the social safety net but I don’t trust the government to hold sway over every aspect of your life.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Why is there no centre and why is there no moderate left? That's my 2c anyway.

For the same reason there is no center or moderates in a war. All you have is two extremes fighting each other. There is no room or need for anything else. You are watching a society in the process of disintegration. The dichotomy will only continue to get more extreme until one side emerges victorious. And that side is looking to be the extreme left. On the political level they have already won.

I'm curious as to why you think the extreme left have already won politically?

Personally, I know that if I have to choose between the extremes, I will pick the left. That's if all I have to choose from are those two options.

I have nothing in common with the far right...they have nothing to offer me. They can't even articulate a point clearly and much of their belief system revolves around the idea that there's a man in the sky watching you. If you can believe that, you can believe anything.

It does seem as though the only way to motivate the extreme right is by feeding in the conspiracies and the false information. Also, I think it's interesting to see who votes for what...Trump, in many ways, could be the last gasp of the far right. When he baby boomers completely die off...who is gonna buy this shit anymore?

The biggest criticisms of the left come from social issues...the trans stuff, the LGBQT stuff...the abortion stuff...the right want to control people with archaic ideologies and that only emboldens them to want to rebel more.

Whether they hold power or not everybody has to play by their rules. What you can say, what you can do is all determined by the leftist intelligentsia. They dominate the school books and the universities and the media. The right is constantly giving ground just to be allowed to play.

If we went back a 100 years an extreme leftist would be a communist. An extreme rightist would be a nazi. That's an example of how much the balance of power has changed. What they call Trumpers today would be considered traitors to the old right because of their adoption of so many leftist ideas. This is clearly a situation where the left will conquer all unless something extraordinary happens. Trump was the first time in years that the right had any reason to celebrate and in the end they achieved nothing for it. If you look at America in 2000 and America today it is clearly a nation dominated by leftist ideas.

I see the LGBT stuff as a way to exercise power. The more craziness they can force you to accept, the more power the people doing it can claim to have.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

For the same reason there is no center or moderates in a war. All you have is two extremes fighting each other. There is no room or need for anything else. You are watching a society in the process of disintegration. The dichotomy will only continue to get more extreme until one side emerges victorious. And that side is looking to be the extreme left. On the political level they have already won.

I'm curious as to why you think the extreme left have already won politically?

Personally, I know that if I have to choose between the extremes, I will pick the left. That's if all I have to choose from are those two options.

I have nothing in common with the far right...they have nothing to offer me. They can't even articulate a point clearly and much of their belief system revolves around the idea that there's a man in the sky watching you. If you can believe that, you can believe anything.

It does seem as though the only way to motivate the extreme right is by feeding in the conspiracies and the false information. Also, I think it's interesting to see who votes for what...Trump, in many ways, could be the last gasp of the far right. When he baby boomers completely die off...who is gonna buy this shit anymore?

The biggest criticisms of the left come from social issues...the trans stuff, the LGBQT stuff...the abortion stuff...the right want to control people with archaic ideologies and that only emboldens them to want to rebel more.

Whether they hold power or not everybody has to play by their rules. What you can say, what you can do is all determined by the leftist intelligentsia. They dominate the school books and the universities and the media. The right is constantly giving ground just to be allowed to play.

If we went back a 100 years an extreme leftist would be a communist. An extreme rightist would be a nazi. That's an example of how much the balance of power has changed. What they call Trumpers today would be considered traitors to the old right because of their adoption of so many leftist ideas. This is clearly a situation where the left will conquer all unless something extraordinary happens. Trump was the first time in years that the right had any reason to celebrate and in the end they achieved nothing for it. If you look at America in 2000 and America today it is clearly a nation dominated by leftist ideas.

I see the LGBT stuff as a way to exercise power. The more craziness they can force you to accept, the more power the people doing it can claim to have.

In a country that allegedly celebrates individualism I do not see how the right is the champion of that when everything they do politically speaking choose who can be at the top and who can be underneath.

Your armchair quarterback opinions about transgender people and under the guise of hiding behind the idea that you’re somehow protecting children is off the mark.

The only reason this type of thing is happening is because a certain very large group of people are always trying to oppress. It is very stupid the way the right is handling the LGBQT community.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I would say the LGTB group definitely want power, like any other group. The more people who identify that way gives them more power.

And I have no idea how they’re being oppressed.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

I would say the LGTB group definitely want power, like any other group. The more people who identify that way gives them more power.

Because there’s no credible argument they are being oppressed. You can find tweets from the far left, Omar for example, saying there is no biological difference between men and women. Which is self evident by the abundance of female NFL and NBA players. It’s not as if there is abundant amount of scientific literature that demonstrates the disparity in strength and size between the sexes of all mammals.  Just take estrogen shots for a year and declare yourself a woman, and you can go from being ranked 500th in the men’s division to being a national champion in the women’s division.

The Army tried to goto a gender neutral fitness test. And over 50% of female soldiers couldn’t meet the minimum standard. So Congress freaked out, and we went back to the different standard based on biological sex. It totally makes sense that a female soldier only needs to run 2 miles in 18 minutes while the biological male must do it just under 16:00.

There are people so committed to the fantasy of gender fluidity they genuinely believe a biological male sucking off another biological male is a heterosexual act so long as the one being fellated “identifies” as a woman. These same people are the ones saying men can have periods and women can have testicular cancer. There is no science behind this. There is no logic. This isn’t a rational argument.

If they can shame you and indoctrinate you to believe Peter North is a woman, what can’t you get people to believe. At least the people who believe in a man in the sky watching them have millennia of superstition and the Aquinas problem in their holster. Far left wackos aligned to progressive orthodoxy literally have a cock and balls swinging in their face, and genuinely believe there is an argument the cock slapping them in the face doesn’t belong to a man.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Because they’re newest to the scene…the oppression that’s perceived by any new voting block on the scene.

The GOP isn’t inviting anyone new…in fact they’re repelling them

misterID

misterID wrote:

???

They made strides with blacks and Latinos (especially), don't know where you got that from.

misterID

misterID wrote:

A bunch of proud boys attacked Dan Crenshaw. They were chanting “one eye McCain” which is a name Tucker gave him. Got the last few days I’ve been convinced Tucker was trying to instigate people to do this to Cornyn for the gun bill, which is not going to be used to take your guns for no reason, it would never pass even the most liberal court.

I’m all on board for Crenshaw now. And tbh, when former SEALS start traveling with him, these encounters will be hilarious.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

A bunch of proud boys attacked Dan Crenshaw. They were chanting “one eye McCain” which is a name Tucker gave him. Got the last few days I’ve been convinced Tucker was trying to instigate people to do this to Cornyn for the gun bill, which is not going to be used to take your guns for no reason, it would never pass even the most liberal court.

I’m all on board for Crenshaw now. And tbh, when former SEALS start traveling with him, these encounters will be hilarious.

You’re all on board bc….wait….bc he was he was attacked by Proud Boys?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Maybe you’ve missed all the times I said I hope he runs for president?

Board footer