You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

If Biden's breathing, he's running. It's not going to be a cake walk either. We are looking at a pretty long term recession, potentially more lockdowns, if he's to be believed. And we're not even counting if Biden pulls back the Trump tax cut, eases restrictions/opens the boarder (during covid!), pulls out of China trade and goes back to them sodomizing us, and enters back into Iran deal. All have the potential of being disastrous. That's not even counting what the far left is demanding!

The reason Obama did so well at the beginning during the great recession is that he governed from the center and didn't do anything he promised the left he would do during his campaign. Bernie has way too much power now not to make this an issue.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Biden's breathing, he's running. It's not going to be a cake walk either. We are looking at a pretty long term recession, potentially more lockdowns, if he's to be believed. And we're not even counting if Biden pulls back the Trump tax cut, eases restrictions/opens the boarder (during covid!), pulls out of China trade and goes back to them sodomizing us, and enters back into Iran deal. All have the potential of being disastrous. That's not even counting what the far left is demanding!

The reason Obama did so well at the beginning during the great recession is that he governed from the center and didn't do anything he promised the left he would do during his campaign. Bernie has way too much power now not to make this an issue.

Yeah but you'll probably see the new GOP platform. Someone like Ben Sasse imho. Dems can't go too AOC left, they could, but there'll be pushback on too much 'free' and everything for all.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I really don't see Sasse having that "it" factor. Josh Hawley, maybe? I think Crenshaw will be a star, but cons don't like him because he's too centrist. I think Haley will be the one the party rallies around, but could have a Romney/Jeb Bush flame out.

And there's always Trump 4 17

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

No one can point to a policy and say this is why I’m voting for Biden. Because you’re not voting for policy. You’re voting for your team. That’s why in both the NFL and elections people support rapists and wife beaters.

Things will be objectively worse on January 20th 2025 than they were on March 12th 2020. You’ll blame Trump. But it’ll be Biden pushing the same atrocious trade and foreign policies as he did under Obama.

Trump was impeached for what Biden unapologetically did. No amount of spin will change that.  When black unemployment skyrockets, it’ll be Democratic economic policies. When millions of more destitute and illiterate migrants cross the border and stay, it’ll be because of Democratic policies.

Thank god all the fear mongering about whites supremacist and militias is all bullshit. Cause antifa and BLM will still riot after the election. If the left’s fantasy for revolution came true, there’d be a lot of dead Bernie supporters.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No one can point to a policy and say this is why I’m voting for Biden. Because you’re not voting for policy. You’re voting for your team. That’s why in both the NFL and elections people support rapists and wife beaters.

People will be voting for someone not Trump. And he's done it to himself.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That’s my point. They’re not voting for Biden. And that’s very dangerous. The media has created a narrative that is completely false. Trump isn't who they say he is, and Biden definitely isn’t who they say he is.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Things will be objectively worse on January 20th 2025 than they were on March 12th 2020. You’ll blame Trump. But it’ll be Biden pushing the same atrocious trade and foreign policies as he did under Obama.

Trump was impeached for what Biden unapologetically did. No amount of spin will change that.  When black unemployment skyrockets, it’ll be Democratic economic policies. When millions of more destitute and illiterate migrants cross the border and stay, it’ll be because of Democratic policies.

Thank god all the fear mongering about whites supremacist and militias is all bullshit. Cause antifa and BLM will still riot after the election. If the left’s fantasy for revolution came true, there’d be a lot of dead Bernie supporters.

Were not winning the trade war despite all the propaganda...

That’s why farmers are being paid to throw their crops in the trash.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Or there’s a fucking pandemic. You don’t get to ignore 37 months of prosperity due to a virus your party downplayed and you celebrated.

Nothing Biden or Democrats offer improves the deficit with China. But I’m sure you knew that.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That’s my point. They’re not voting for Biden. And that’s very dangerous. The media has created a narrative that is completely false. Trump isn't who they say he is, and Biden definitely isn’t who they say he is.

Then people should hope republicans keep the senate. If Biden is the centrist deal maker he claims, things should work out better.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Or there’s a fucking pandemic. You don’t get to ignore 37 months of prosperity due to a virus your party downplayed and you celebrated.

Nothing Biden or Democrats offer improves the deficit with China. But I’m sure you knew that.

We weren’t winning it before the pandemic and Trumps economy was inflated by massive deficit spending and simultaneous tax cuts.

Board footer