You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

As lame as they might be, explanations have been issued.

Facebook: We’re fact-checking it.
Twitter: We don’t allow hacked materials to be shared.

Trump's taxes, the vet story....

What about wikileaks?

New standards since 2016.

To be technical, we don’t know how NYT got his taxes, right? I’m forgetting, did they rely on an anonymous source?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

As lame as they might be, explanations have been issued.

Facebook: We’re fact-checking it.
Twitter: We don’t allow hacked materials to be shared.

What about wikileaks?

To be technical, we don’t know how NYT got his taxes, right? I’m forgetting, did they rely on an anonymous source?

However it happened, it wasn’t legal. Weren’t we supposed to find out about all these Russian connections and debts?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is what gets me, the tech giants have been protected time after time by Republicans who believe in limited regulations, giving them the ability to do whatever they want under free speech. And time after time the same companies shit on them. It was never wise to hire so many Democratic operatives and campaign workers. It's going to end up biting them. At this point, since they're controlling the dissemination of news, they're publishers not just platforms.

Philip Klein
@philipaklein

There has been significant debate among conservatives regarding Big Tech censorship, with those such as myself fighting attempts to have government target Twitter and FB over bias. Thanks to actions taken by FB and Twitter today, my side is going to lose this battle. Badly.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

What about wikileaks?

However it happened, it wasn’t legal. Weren’t we supposed to find out about all these Russian connections and debts?

I don't know. I don't know what their editorial promises have been nor what their editorial plans are. They've been doing stories periodically based on what they've found and I assume more are forthcoming. I'm not following it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wonder what that meeting was like.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Twitter sucks. It's a real cesspool. They are always making head-scratching decisions. They really stepped in it this time.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think Big Tech & Social have some upcoming hearings or rulings on anti-trust and monopoly issues. They're likely playing things safe in an abundance of caution, as well as extent a measure of good faith. I think they know this election seasons gonna get crazy, so are trying to be ahead of the curve.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Twitter sucks. It's a real cesspool. They are always making head-scratching decisions. They really stepped in it this time.

It's gossip. Really that's all it is.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbre … f69c58a45a

How could this happen!  Don't they wear their masks!  What if Kamala is now positive and kills Biden!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbre … f69c58a45a

How could this happen!  Don't they wear their masks!  What if Kamala is now positive and kills Biden!

I bet that’s what you hope.

Board footer