You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: What was better on the official release than the locker leaks?

FlashFlood wrote:

It’s obvious that most of the 99-02 versions of these songs were superior to their official release. Curious what tracks people think benefited from the final album treatment.

Only one I see is IRS. Need the Bucket solo and more power in the verses.

Thoughts?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The funny thing about the locker leaks was Hard School. For YEARS I hated that little clip, thought the song was terrible and irredeemable. Thought the second clip was a little better, but still terrible. Then I heard the whole song and I think it's really freaking cool and is now one of my favorites of the new era.

What amazes me is Axl's songwriting. Perhaps is incredible, then he writes Sorry... There are some good bits of verse in there, some really great stuff, but overall, doesn't live up to the music. That "I'll kick your ass" line is just the worse of Axl cheese.

I'll go IRS, but the vibe of the locker demo is way better. He cooked it too long.

Sky Dog wrote:

Twat-IRS-Prostitute-Madagascar axlbucket

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:

2008 Chinese Democracy was a complete bore.
We already had leaks of Better, TWAT, Catcher, IRS, Chin Dem, The Blues, Madagascar and probably more that I don't remember.

The 2019 locker leaks not only proved once again that the tracks were over produced on the 2008 release (where is the bass?).
It also proved that the more interesting songs like Hardschool, State of Grace, and Perhaps were left on the cutting room floor.

AtariLegend wrote:
FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

My bad. Awfully slow around here.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

I would say TWAT and IRS but the 2003 demos for those songs are better than 2008 CD IMO.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

I would say TWAT and IRS but the 2003 demos for those songs are better than 2008 CD IMO.

Yup! dead on....the demos that came out were somehow all better than the albums versions!

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

TWAT stands out for me. The release version is perfect for me

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The songs are over produced, but anything missing Buckethead just feels incomplete. bucket

Board footer