You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

jimmythegent wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So he's gone from "a bitch like you", removed it and now shouts "Absurd!". Not sure that works too well. If it was in the interests of being PC, surely he would've removed the "pussy full of maggots" line?

Kinda annoyed they lost "A bitch like you." That was the best bit of the song! Still though. Who had "Slash playing Silkworms" on their bingo card?

Yeah it is the lacking for it... it needs something in there... even if he kept the melody and phrasing and changed the words ... what was up with Axl on the bridge too?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

what was up with Axl on the bridge too?

Maybe he's protecting the integrity of the bridge lyrics...I remember there was much discussion around deciphering those lines when the leak happened....

is it "my heart..." or "just another love...." and "I slipped away" or I don't think we really know...and last night didn't give us the secret lol....

Ever since the guitar leak though I'd been wanting a Slash silkworms...kinda thought it was a vague hope...so i'm super pumped it's back!

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

what was up with Axl on the bridge too?

Maybe he's protecting the integrity of the bridge lyrics...I remember there was much discussion around deciphering those lines when the leak happened....

is it "my heart..." or "just another love...." and "I slipped away" or I don't think we really know...and last night didn't give us the secret lol....

Ever since the guitar leak though I'd been wanting a Slash silkworms...kinda thought it was a vague hope...so i'm super pumped it's back!

Oh I missed that about the mystery surrounding the lyrics.

I just thought he sounded off key and weird on that part. It was way shorter than other versions I've heard too...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So he's gone from "a bitch like you", removed it and now shouts "Absurd!". Not sure that works too well. If it was in the interests of being PC, surely he would've removed the "pussy full of maggots" line?

Kinda annoyed they lost "A bitch like you." That was the best bit of the song! Still though. Who had "Slash playing Silkworms" on their bingo card?

I was never a fan of the song, but I miss that part too. I can’t tell if that’s because I liked it or I’m just more familiar with it though. I’ll let it sink in for a bit.

Any chance Axl sticks around Boston to join Billy Joel onstage again tonight at Fenway?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

We are living in an alternate time line. Somewhere someone fucked things up. In the year 2021 GNR plays silkworms with Slash and Duff. If I was a Christian Id start going to church more. 16

Still hate silkworms but enjoyed that they played it. Almost feels like a troll from Axl.

Hopefully hard school is next. Love the tune. Wanna hear Slash and Duffs take on it.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

SOUNDCHECK - AUGUST 5TH 2021:

1 - "Absurd"
2 - "I Wanna Be Your Dog" [Iggy Pop song] *Duff McKagan on vocals*
3 - "Estranged"
4 - "HardSkool"

Source: setlist.fm

SETLIST:

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I saw this on HTGTH and then Gn'R social media.

This has to be them teeing the ball up for Hard School right?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Wagszilla wrote:

http://gypsysoul.webspaceforme.net/GNRnj0805.png

I saw this on HTGTH.

This has to be them teeing the ball up for Hard School right?

Unless I’m missing some interpretation, the skeleton is in a Giants jersey, and the Giants play at MetLife. I don’t see a Hard School connection.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Unless I’m missing some interpretation, the skeleton is in a Giants jersey, and the Giants play at MetLife. I don’t see a Hard School connection.

They're asking what fans want to hear.

I don't follow their social media to know if that's a regular thing but knowing Gn'R I'm guessing no.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Open with Hardschool.....

Like you opened with Perfect Crime and Right Next Door To Hell in 91....

Board footer