You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: NFL 2022/23 season

James wrote:
James wrote:

The NFC playoff picture is fucking insane. The entire NFC East is probably making the playoffs. A whole division has never made it to the playoffs before..

Unfortunately...this didn't happen. Redskins shit the bed.

Detroit deserved a playoff spot.

Praise Jesus Green Bay didn't make it.

I'm surprised the Steelers didn't get in. They were in Detroit's position...they needed help.

The big surprise this season is the Jets. Considered one of the top teams the first half of the season....then completely nosedived.

I guess the biggest surprise is the Rams. This happens in the parity era though... Superbowl one year, division cellar the next.

Playoffs are going to be interesting.

Predictions....

Jaguars vs Chargers

Jaguars

Bengals vs Ravens

I'm going with the upset....Ravens

Bills vs Dolphins

Bills

Cowboys vs Bucs

Bucs

Vikings vs Giants

Going with the upset...Giants

49ers vs Seahawks

49ers

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Disappointed Pittsburgh didn’t make the cut, but as a fan, finishing 9-8 with a promising rookie is a hell of start after your franchise,future hof qb retired.

I think Cincinnati has the momentum. They got fucked out of the 2nd seed with that Bills game, and that’s going to matter in 2 weeks.

Tampa should not be in the playoffs. The NFL should not allow teams with a losing record when better teams exist in their conference to make the playoffs. Fuck the divisions. Half of them don’t make geographic sense anyway, and why should a bunch of shitty teams repeatedly have a better shot because of an arbitrary grouping. Brady has ruined his legacy just like Farve. First time losing a season, and he’s not primed to win the Lombardi. Anything short of the NFC championship game is just him sticking around when he should of stayed retired and tanking his marriage. He’ll still be the GOAT, but he should have hung it up after his 7th Lombardi.

Predictions....

Jaguars vs Chargers

Chargers

Bengals vs Ravens

Bengals

Bills vs Dolphins

Bills

Cowboys vs Bucs

Bucs

Vikings vs Giants

Vikings

49ers vs Seahawks

49ers

James

James wrote:

They got fucked out of the 2nd seed with that Bills game, and that’s going to matter in 2 weeks.

That whole situation made no sense. Yeah...it's sad the guy practically died on the field. That doesn't mean the league should act like rescheduling the game of two playoff teams would be pointless.

The NFL of yesteryear never would've approached the situation like that.

Tampa should not be in the playoffs. The NFL should not allow teams with a losing record when better teams exist in their conference to make the playoffs.

I've been bitching about this for eons...when it started happening early 2000s. Maybe happened once before that.

It makes no sense. It makes the playoff standings look idiotic. 8-8 team can have home field advantage over an 11-5 opponent. Really?!? Then there's your example...just as bad...where an 8-8 team makes the playoffs(at the 4th seed no less) while a couple 10-6, 9-7 teams have to go home.

I don't know how basketball is now but my idea on how to deal with it is similar to basketball decades ago. Yes they have divisions of course but it's more about your record getting you into the playoffs. Top teams get in period.

You're right about illogical divisions. The realignment years ago could've easily been improved. The realignment should've been what kids suggested in the 1980s....AFC is Western US, NFC Eastern US...or vice versa.

Under no circumstances should the 49ers have been in the NFC while the Raiders a few miles down the street are in the AFC.

49ers
Raiders
Seahawks
Rams
Chargers

A perfect division.

Broncos
Cardinals
Texans
Cowboys
Chiefs

There's another.

It would be easy peasy to properly align the league.

As far as Brady goes...not a fan at all but I pretty much agree.

People like Elway had the right idea....go out on top if possible and Brady had a couple chances to do it. It never would've been better than retiring after the Bucs SB win. What more did he want?!? Only way to top that is going to a third team and trying to win a SB.

He has a bunch of rings. It's not a situation like Marino where he's got nothing but stats to show for his long career...and even Marino refused to continue when a killer Vikings team begged him to join.

I know this is unpopular but I do not consider him the greatest of all time. Greatest of the 21st century? Absolutely. All time he wouldn't come close.

He got to play virtually injury free in a 2000s NFL that coddles quarterbacks. Those killer 70s-90s defenses(Bears, Giants, Steelers, Redskins, etc) would've chewed him up and spit him out.

Montana is the greatest IMO. I'm not even a big fan of the guy(or the 49ers/Chiefs) so fandom isn't clouding the issue.

He's the Jordan of the NFL. Someone may have come along in the future to get better stats or more rings but it doesn't knock him off the pedestal.

Hell....he almost got more SBs than four. It took literally knocking his lights out twice(Giants, Bills) to eliminate Montana from contending for two more SBs.

Bench Young in the 49ers-Cowboys championship, Montana probably wins that one. Think he couldn't light up that Bills defense?

Doesn't Brady himself consider Montana the greatest?

Edit

Jordan similar to Montana...he also should've won more championships. That idiotic first retirement prevented two more rings.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I’m a fan of divisions. Sometimes a division is really good and at other times they suck. The winner is the winner of the division and they get the post season ticket.

It’s not like Brady played their whole last game. Amount of injuries the Bucs had it was smart to rest starters.

As far as realignment, fuck no. The Raiders are an AFL team always have been. They belong there in the AFC, and not the NFC. I know the Seahawks used to be a AFC team (originally a NFC to AFC back to NFC) in the Raiders division.

Sometimes the playoffs aren’t fair. But that’s life. Win your division or get a wildcard spot. Or be in a shit division.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'll give quick predicitons and maybe some analysis.

Chargers over Jags; not sure about this one.  Chargers have a big ability to shit the bed.  But they SHOULD win.
49ers over Seattle.  Seattle was lucky to get in and the 49ers are rolling and will run over SEA.
Buff over Miami.  Biggest mismatch this weekend.  Dolphins starting a backup and they have a bad defense and are going to Buffalo
Bengals over Ravens : CIN is a legit SB contender and BAL may be starting Huntley again
Giants over MIN:  MIN is  a fraud and haven't really beaten any good teams outside of the fluky BUF win
TB over DAL:  had trouble with this one but went with Brady at home and McCarthy has been a shit head coach for years

James

James wrote:

Bengals over Ravens : CIN is a legit SB contender and BAL may be starting Huntley again

Fuck...I forgot about the QB situation. Gonna stick with my prediction anyways.

MIN is  a fraud and haven't really beaten any good teams

This is a pattern in that division that goes back decades. With a few teams/seasons the exception, it always happens...

A team goes on a run with a killer record. The killer record largely consists of a weak schedule due to previously being in the division cellar...and the wins are against their own weak division and a handful of other mediocre teams.

It's why other than the mid-late 80s and early-mid 2000s, no reason to get excited about Bears winning streaks. You knew it was one and done in the playoffs.

Edit

As far as realignment, fuck no. The Raiders are an AFL team always have been. They belong there in the AFC, and not the NFC. I know the Seahawks used to be a AFC team (originally a NFC to AFC back to NFC) in the Raiders division.

I don't see the harm in realigning the conferences. It's not the same league of yesteryear anyways. One more realignment... although a major one... wouldn't hurt.

It'll probably happen at some point in the future. For starters, it would save on travel costs.

It might also help create new rivalries.

James

James wrote:
James wrote:

Predictions....

Jaguars vs Chargers

Jaguars

Bengals vs Ravens

I'm going with the upset....Ravens

Bills vs Dolphins

Bills

Cowboys vs Bucs

Bucs

Vikings vs Giants

Going with the upset...Giants

49ers vs Seahawks

49ers

Got a couple wrong.

Should've been the weekend of upsets.... especially Jaguars and even 49ers. Seahawks should've put them away in the 2nd quarter...they had a chance.

Predictions....

Jaguars vs Chiefs

Unfortunately....the Chiefs. No way in hell are they losing to that Jaguars team. Jaguars shouldn't even be in it at this point.

Eagles vs Giants

Giants....that team is scary. They're one of those teams  you don't want to play.

Whoever wins this is going to the Superbowl IMO.

Bengals vs Bills

Bills....but this may be an unpredictable shootout.

49ers vs Cowboys

49ers

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Bengals-Bills Bengals but this one is probably the best game of the weekend.
Jags-Chiefs:  KC.  Jags ain't playing the choking Chargers anymore.  They get destroyed if Lawrence stinks in the first half again
Giants-Eagles:  I have a hard time w/this one. PHI should win but I wouldn't be surprised if this thing is close and NYG pull it off
49ers vs Cowboys: 49ers but Purdy can't be missing open WR like he did last week vs Seattle.  Still Dallas is playing well

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Bengals are going to win.

They got screwed against Buffalo at home. That game should have continued.

Bengals vs Chiefs AFC Championship.

49ers will beat Dallas today.

Super Bowl I predict Bengals vs 49ers.

With a Bengals win.

James

James wrote:

Jaguars had a chance in the 2nd quarter to go for the jugular but they fucked it up. You have to take advantage when the star QB goes down like that...I thought we were getting a repeat of that 87 Bears-49ers game when McMahon went down in the first quarter.

They scored what...3 points while Mahomes was out?!?

Giants didn't even show up for their game. What a waste. I really thought they were gonna do some damage.

That 49ers Cowboys game was snoozeville. I didn't even finish it.

Bengals are red hot going into the championship. Holy fuck...they just moved the ball at will...reminded me of old school football. It should've been a massive blowout.

If they continue playing like that... they're winning the SB.

Unfortunately...I'm predicting a Chiefs win.

I think we're getting a Chiefs-Eagles SB... although I'd prefer a Bengals-49ers SB. It would be the 3rd time they've both made it.

I just found out that the Pro Bowl is now flag football. That's fucked up.

Board footer