You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

misterID wrote:

I’m really hoping they do a proper Live box set, and that’s kind of the feeling I’m getting from this.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

James, I am with you man. One of the greatest concert films in the history of music.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Perfect Crime and Lenny doing Always on the Run is fantastic

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My interest in a Spaghetti box set/deluxe edition has went way up.

I realize many would hope for a 93 show to be included in that, IMO it's more likely that one of the shows worked on for this that was excluded(Wembley, Paris, Rio) is more likely.

Perfect Crime and Lenny doing Always on the Run is fantastic

Fuck I hadn't even got around to that yet. Was listening to random live tracks until watching the Ritz.

I hope my neighbors are ready for Lenny! 22

I saw where there's typos on the sets....

Dead Horses

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Always On the Run is a beast! Always was but great to hear it in better quality.

Perfect Crime is serviceable and between it and Right Next Door to Hell, it's definitely a better opener.

Bad Apples at Rio...I'm not digging it. It just sounds awkward. I can see why it never became a live staple.

Shit like Sail Away Sweet Sister is a complete waste of space and time. Remove this crap and they could've had room for another real song or two.

Anyone listen to all of Vegas yet or is everyone in love with the Ritz?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

The Ritz show is incredible  - what a band.  Izzy makes all the difference .. and the whole band have such a natural, unshakeable chemistry. It really should have been the start of an incredible new era for the band when in fact it was soon descend into a bloated mess.

Its mixed nicely too and how refreshing to hear these Illusions tracks with Izzy audible and clear in that left channel?
Turning his amp down cos he was out of tune? Complete horseshit - his playing is the glue and vibe of the band.

I also noticed how Dizzy was essentially a backstage musician and I like it much better that way. Sidenote - how weird is it to see Slash playing a Fender Stratocaster on Dust n' Bones?

A travesty this has remained unreleased all these years - what else is there?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

The Ritz show is incredible  - what a band.  Izzy makes all the difference .. and the whole band have such a natural, unshakeable chemistry. It really should have been the start of an incredible new era for the band when in fact it was soon descend into a bloated mess.

Its mixed nicely too and how refreshing to hear these Illusions tracks with Izzy audible and clear in that left channel?
Turning his amp down cos he was out of tune? Complete horseshit - his playing is the glue and vibe of the band.

I also noticed how Dizzy was essentially a backstage musician and I like it much better that way. Sidenote - how weird is it to see Slash playing a Fender Stratocaster on Dust n' Bones?

A travesty this has remained unreleased all these years - what else is there?

How about when Duff sets down his bass and jumps in the crowd. So badass.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Am I missing something here? Is there a live version of Perfect Crime included in this set?

Edit. It’s in the UYI1 Deluxe. Dunno how I missed that

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:

Just finished watching the Ritz....

Wow. This is one of the greatest concerts ever released.

This is peak GNR....a travesty that this performance rotted in a vault for 31 years.  It's also the best GNR release since UYI.

One more thing....

This is how the album should've sounded. They tinkered with the tracks way too much. Listen to DC, Bad Obsession, Dust N Bones, DTJ, etc. here and then listen to the albums.

James... I couldn't figure out how to quote individually but after a third viewing I agree entirely - this is easily hands down the greatest GN'R live release we have had .. incredible

Previously bang-average tracks like Bad Obsession and Right next door to hell are completely transformed

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

Interview with the guy from UMG who oversaw the production of the AFD and UYI box sets:

"Axl wanted to record a real orchestra on November Rain": Inside the new Guns N' Roses boxset

https://www.musicweek.com/labels/read/a … set/086990

Board footer