You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

metallex78 wrote:
Wilco wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Anyway, for all you negative cunts here, I pretty much listened to the live YCBM on repeat the whole drive to work, and it’s just awesome. The intro is a train wreck but they pull it together and it’s just killer!

Plus, I can hear Izzy! Even with him playing what seems like the wrong key at the start, his rhythms alongside Slash is great to hear in a proper live mix.

Slash fucks up the solo, it’s gloriously sloppy but great, in the way that UYI era Slash had just an amazing feel and choice of notes.

And then, on top of that, Axl messes up the bridge section lyrics. But he sings it with so much venom and passion, it doesn’t matter!

You guys can complain all you like.

UYI era is MY era, and I LOVE THIS SHIT.

GIVE ME MORE!!!

Hey, weren’t you an old timer back on MyGNR years and years (at least 10) ago? Your username seems really familiar. Anyway, your enthusiasm is really infectious dude. Hopefully it’ll not be better than it seems as such smile

Yeah, I’ve been around for years man.

I’ve been posting on GN’R boards since before Jarmo turned the heretodaygonetohell forum into a anti-Old GN’R page.

I started out there, then when it went to shit, I came over to here when it was Roses of Velvet, then GN’REvolution like it is now.

And now I post between mygnr and here.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

So are they going to say anything or just let stuff come out on Spotify? Did I miss something?

YCBM was pretty cool would be great to have the associated video.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

So are they going to say anything or just let stuff come out on Spotify? Did I miss something?

YCBM was pretty cool would be great to have the associated video.

Blu-ray coming (I think)

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Ritz 91 Bluray confirmed. Transferred from film to 4K UHD, then released on this Bluray as 1080p with HiRes audio and Dolby Atmos 5.1

Also November Rain has had the synth orchestra replaced with a real orchestra, so it isn't a typo - it's a new 2022 version.

Those are the highlights content-wise. Also a nice hardcover book with photos + some other random replica merch.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

How long until the $500 package is half off?  I want the vinyl, but know this will be a clearance rack item in 12 months.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

How long until the $500 package is half off?  I want the vinyl, but know this will be a clearance rack item in 12 months.

I'm in the same boat here. $500 is steep but I get why, it's 12LPs and vinyl is expensive these days. My guess is it all gets reduced in price after Christmas.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axl S wrote:

Ritz 91 Bluray confirmed. Transferred from film to 4K UHD, then released on this Bluray as 1080p with HiRes audio and Dolby Atmos 5.1

Also November Rain has had the synth orchestra replaced with a real orchestra, so it isn't a typo - it's a new 2022 version.

Those are the highlights content-wise. Also a nice hardcover book with photos + some other random replica merch.

Wow, okay. The orchestra's gonna be slightly jarring to hear. Also odd given that Axl poured loads of effort into the synth orchestra, and I always assumed it was a conscious artistic choice, given that he could've just… hired an orchestra. GN'R was the biggest band in the world at that point, it was clearly within their ability to do so.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Didn't they record it with like 50 or a 100 synths in a room?

Axl also said he would quit music if he could not record November Rain as he intended, so obviously he really wanted it like that.

Doing it with a real orchestra now is probably just a simple way of freshing up the song, or Axl changed his mind since then.

Board footer