You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Borderline criminal there are no demo's or rarities included. The Blu Ray is the saving grace and along with the new November Rain, it's the only real thing of interest for me. Hopefully it's sold individually at some point.

I would have loved a full remix and the fact it's claimed this was done and scrapped is crazy. While I love the Illusions albums, imagine a mix with less reverb on the drums, a whole lot more Izzy and a whole lot less of the synth and effect noodling that Axl got carried away with.

The exclusion of demos, alternate takes, etc on UYI allows what many laughed at during our old box set/deluxe edition discussions...

A TSI set a few years down the line.

All the songs recorded in 90-91 are in play...

Attitude
Down On the Farm
I Don't Care About You
New Rose
Ain't It Fun
Black Leather

Potential bonus tracks

Down on the Street
Beer N A Cigarette

You can fill out the rest of the set with one or two 1993 shows..

I'm hoping they will double dip on UYI  fairly soon and release the remixes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I know it’s on the official merch page but how is it possible gunsnroses.com’s top news story is from 7/19 about the Singapore show?

They've always been lazy with official sites. Remember in the 2000s they went like 5 years without an update?  When they finally updated it, they let MLB run it for awhile.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

He’s a grown man. He fired every other manager. I’ve seen him get her (and the others) ass in public for not doing something the way he wanted (“You want to be the manager? Then manage this.”)

Axl reformed the band on his own, I don’t see Beta and family having any say in that.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/m … story.html

We decided, ‘No more managers,’” said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. “Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we’re dealing with the management.” Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as “more than a son to me,” and that after Katsis’ departure, “I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit.”

Honestly I can totally see Beta manipulating Axl, as she did to put her family to manage Axl/Band.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I know it’s on the official merch page but how is it possible gunsnroses.com’s top news story is from 7/19 about the Singapore show?

They've always been lazy with official sites. Remember in the 2000s they went like 5 years without an update?  When they finally updated it, they let MLB run it for awhile.

Not when they’re selling concert tickets, apparently. I wouldn’t be surprised if the payday for one show is equal or better than what they stand to make off the UYI box.

I remember the old sites and they certainly had tour dates at a minimum. Lol hell they didn’t even have the gunsnroses.com domain it was gnronline.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

I wanted something like Crash Diet between songs. Illusion indeed.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

He’s a grown man. He fired every other manager. I’ve seen him get her (and the others) ass in public for not doing something the way he wanted (“You want to be the manager? Then manage this.”)

Axl reformed the band on his own, I don’t see Beta and family having any say in that.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/m … story.html

We decided, ‘No more managers,’” said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. “Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we’re dealing with the management.” Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as “more than a son to me,” and that after Katsis’ departure, “I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit.”

Honestly I can totally see Beta manipulating Axl, as she did to put her family to manage Axl/Band.

I’m not saying she’s been pristine and they don’t try to pull some shit like trying to prevent him from seeing Duff — Axl did anyways. If he views her as a mother then he should have NEVER allowed her to be involved in his business.

He isn’t Brian Wilson, though, who was mentally ill and was being manipulated by his doctor. I’m just not cutting him any slack. He doesn’t know that he has tours scheduled, has shows being filmed, release dates, he rarely takes responsibility for anything. Beta takes a lot of shit that should fall straight on Axl’s shoulders.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Beta takes a lot of shit that should fall straight on Axl’s shoulders.

I agree.  He's been doing this stuff for a long time even without Beta managing him.  The infamous not knowing a tour was booked was in the early 2000s w/ Goldstein still managing, I think.  They deserve flack for the shitty merch designs.  But as far as the big picture/major decisions, that's all on him and always will be.  They (the Lebesis') probably don't do anything without his ok.

That being said, I listened to the live YCBM version and it was killer.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My guess from all the info we've all come across (and thus I could be full of shit) is that Axl is generally a fun, loving and good guy to be around however experiences a lot of stress and anger and sometimes finds himself in a terrible rage. When that happens it's bad for everyone, including Axl.

Somewhere along the line, people around him (first label people, subsequently beta) took an approach of managing him - filtering his exposure to information and events that might set him off.

This approach is probably quite successful in terms of reducing the outright number of negative events and improving home life, but has an unintended and unfortunate side effect of promoting misinformation and paranoia as isolation from the world and others is not really good for people.

This is compounded by the fact Axl was a controversial superstar who would legitimately have been hounded by the press back in the day, and that a lot of people in the music business legitimately are sharks and really were trying to fuck him over. So he's not wrong that everything was a bit fucked, at the same time, his own responses at times probably make those things inadvertently worse. Same with the band relationships - Axl's emotional state during the UYI tour caused a lot of harm, but then it didn't help that Slash and Duff had substance problems and so on.

Anyway, Beta and co have done well to an extent in the sense that Axl was on a life path that would probably have seen him either in jail or dead, most likely dead Kurt style, at one time. Now we have him mostly happy and still out there and alive into his old age.

On the other hand the side effect as we all know is that on a business level the band's affairs have not been well managed for several decades and many things have not been as good as they might be in a perfect world.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Anyway, Beta and co have done well to an extent in the sense that Axl was on a life path that would probably have seen him either in jail or dead, most likely dead Kurt style, at one time. Now we have him mostly happy and still out there and alive into his old age.

On the other hand the side effect as we all know is that on a business level the band's affairs have not been well managed for several decades and many things have not been as good as they might be in a perfect world.

I think Team Brazil's been a net positive, certainly for Axl's mental health. And I think the accusations often levelled at them that they're not good managers are… well, wide of the mark, frankly.

A succession of managers tried to fuck Axl over and force him to abandon the Chinese Democracy project in favour of a money-spinning reunion. TB respected Axl's wishes, facilitated the reunion happening at a time of his choosing, and were in charge of the ship when the band went on to perform one of the biggest tours in history.

Is there shitty merch? Yes. But no shittier than the stuff on, to give a random example, the Metallica store (Freeze 'Em All stein! The Four Horsemen Beach Towel!): https://www.metallica.com/store/accessories/ Shitty merch isn't really aimed at hardcore fans like us, and I'll be honest, a collab like GN'R X MARKET is actually trying to do something a bit different.

The biggest sticking point, as always, seems to be "why no new album?" Frankly I think that's coloured by the leaks – if Hard Skool had dropped and we'd never heard the leak, fans would've been over the fucking moon – an all-new hard rock song with Slash and Duff on it. The fact that we're all aware the new material being released is reheated Chinese leftovers colours our response to it, but it's still new studio material, it's new to the vast majority of the public, and by the looks of it there's an EP about to drop.

A lot of the release issues over the last year or two have been the fault of global supply chain problems, too; it's hard to schedule a simultaneous release when there's no vinyl available.

Would I like it more if Axl decamped to a studio for a fortnight with Slash, Duff, Fortus and the gang, and jammed out some new tracks? Yes. But we're actually pretty well-served, really.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I personally feel if Hard Skool hadn't leaked it would still be unreleased.

Board footer