You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

TWAT sounds great, but I still wish they'd just give the outro solo to Fortus. Slash's style just doesn't mesh with it, Fortus' does.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wow! That outro was the best Axl and Slash have ever performed TWAT.

I get Slash not fitting BH style here, but this sounded way more natural for him

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Wow. They played November Rain, Estranged, TWAT, This I Love, and Locomotive all in the same set, out of a 33 song long set. I’m impressed that they’re busting out so many epics, lesser played UYI tracks, and playing for so long.

But at the same time, they were just here in Australia 6 months ago, 5 years after the 2017 Oz tour, and we should’ve gotten some of these songs thrown our way.

The only difference between 2017 and 2022 for us was Hardschool and Absurd, and maybe one or two others.

But this is GN’R, always doing the minimum effort until they randomly don’t.

Hoping this is leading up to something…

Feel the exact same. I went to 2 identical shows within 3 days and was served up a near identical set to 2017

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Is it just me or has Axl shed a few pounds?

Sky Dog wrote:

Can somebody explain to me why people think TWAT is so hard to sing? It certainly isn’t as hard as Locomotive or Coma.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Can somebody explain to me why people think TWAT is so hard to sing? It certainly isn’t as hard as Locomotive or Coma.

I assume it's the screams near the end. Other than that...yeah I don't see the problem.

IRS would be in a similar category.

Yeah he looks a little better than last tour. Hopefully there's a reason for it....

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

The verses all the way through to the chorus, the way the vocals are sung, there isn’t a break for you to catch your breath.

I imagine he didn’t sing it in the studio all in one take.

That’s why it would be hard to pull off live.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

The verses all the way through to the chorus, the way the vocals are sung, there isn’t a break for you to catch your breath.

I imagine he didn’t sing it in the studio all in one take.

That’s why it would be hard to pull off live.

100%. The range and octave Axl sings the studio version of locomotive is significantly lower than the range in TWAT, specifically the chorus as you mentioned. It’s not even a comparison.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

That Madrid show looks a killer crowd. Pretty full looking venue as well

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I assume it's the screams near the end. Other than that...yeah I don't see the problem.

IRS would be in a similar category.

Yeah he looks a little better than last tour. Hopefully there's a reason for it....

Yeah a video or accompanying photoshoot for a release of some kind perhaps ?

Board footer