You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: New Slash Solo album in 2024

metallex78 wrote:

I posted this in the GN’R thread, but no one has said anything about it.
Seems like pretty interesting news, just not the news we want (new GN’R album)

New Slash solo album out next year. More along the lines of the 2010 album with guest singers, but this one will apparently be more blues oriented.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sla … 23579.html

But as for his possibly most anticipated future project — long-rumored new GNR music — he plays coy again. “It comes out when it comes out,” he says with a big grin. “So, you know, just stay tuned.”

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I posted this in the GN’R thread, but no one has said anything about it.
Seems like pretty interesting news, just not the news we want (new GN’R album)

New Slash solo album out next year. More along the lines of the 2010 album with guest singers, but this one will apparently be more blues oriented.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sla … 23579.html

But as for his possibly most anticipated future project — long-rumored new GNR music — he plays coy again. “It comes out when it comes out,” he says with a big grin. “So, you know, just stay tuned.”

Excited about Slash solo album I think It may have some surprises.
Sad because ''it comes out when It comes out'' are surely words from Axl which may not be soon

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

“It comes out when it comes out,” he says with a big grin. “So, you know, just stay tune

I'm so sick of this shit.

You literally could not run this band worse if you tried.

They're staring at an upcoming tour leg where they'll be performing in front of empty seats...and this is their approach.

I don't think he actually gives a shit either way.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Feels like history is repeating itself again. He's earned a nice paycheck through touring and now he can pursue his own interests.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Maybe Axl will feature as a guest singer?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That would be cool

nugdafied wrote:

Hoping this album includes a Chris Robinson track.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I find this less consequential to GnR related activities than a SMKC album. I know they are touring in early 2024 but this feels more like a passion project than a “fill my calendar project.”

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Excited for this compared to another SMKC album.

I loved the SMKC project in the beginning, but the second two albums were not as good as the first two, and I feel it could use a break to freshen up before it's next outing.

I've always thought slash could retire from rock into the blues scene if he wanted to. There's stuff around from the UYI tour and the Slash's Blues Ball era where he does some amazingly soulful playing. It's hidden by his rock facade, but I suspect slash is secretly one of the greatest blues players of recent years.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Rod Jackson should be on this

Board footer