You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Perhaps (2023) to Drop

misterID wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
misterID wrote:

just heard it on Ozzys Boneyard. I like Axl’s vocals on the outro

I like the whole track, not blown away by the solo or the edit at the start of the solo, but on the whole it sounds better than Absurd or Hardskool to me. I was surprised to find i like the drumming more than the demo too

Yeah, I think the additions were good overall

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Shacklermyrye wrote:

When i get the FLAC i will tear it apart and put Finks solo back in robin

If you finally do It please share with me. I LOVE Robin solo

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
misterID wrote:

just heard it on Ozzys Boneyard. I like Axl’s vocals on the outro

I like the whole track, not blown away by the solo or the edit at the start of the solo, but on the whole it sounds better than Absurd or Hardskool to me. I was surprised to find i like the drumming more than the demo too

Yeah, I think the additions were good overall

The Robin solo part was way overblown by our community. Finally got to hear it today.

I do find it funny that Slash’s contributions are *exactly* how Ron contributed to CD. Add a little lick to the chord progression to blues it up a little and take the solo.

Still like the song.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The main difference is that they pulled a lot of instrumentation off with these re-records where Ron was really thrown on top of everything else

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anyone wondering why I haven't sent the song to you...I don't have it.

I was willing to just wait til it hits YouTube.

jimmythegent wrote:

Catchy song... if promoted, could see it being quite popular. Slash and Duff have elevated a mediocre song again. Production i'm not sure. Not sure who is playing drums. Axl sounds great

The production is garbage.

I like the song...and yeah it's the best of the three.

It reminds me of the first time I heard the album version of Better...cut and paste hell that negatively impacts the material. I'm so glad my other favorite bands never did this crap.

The few examples that I know of...The Police with 'Everything She Does Is Magic' and Soundgarden with 'Black Rain', the producers knew what they were doing.

Listen to either track...you cannot tell those are demos with new music and in Cornell's case vocals added years later.

Axl S wrote:

Not confirmed until the formal US release but a press release that some outlets have published is claiming it was written by Slash, Duff and Axl this year and is their first newly written song together in 30 years.

Could be a mistaken article (Audacy is the site) but if that's the actual press release, what a joke and a total lie.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I predicted years ago they would retcon the Chinese stuff into reunion songs....erasing new GNR from existence.

This is why you will never, EVER see them promote anything CD related again.

I called it right before the reunion announcement when they removed all new GNR/Chinese merchandise and mention of CD lineups from existence.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Can't distinguish anything Fortus is doing in particular - he has no discernible character whatsoever. Slash has trademark licks all over the place but I honestly could not point out one Fortus moment on this. For a player of his skill and experience you'd think he would have found a way to bring back that 2-guitar locked in complimentary thing that Izzy brought but I guess that's as much on Slash and points again to the cut and paste nature of the approach.

Duff is high in the mix - i'm not sure what I make of his parts - there is a touch of what has been discussed here previously, him playing kind of like "hey it's me Duff, the guy that did the 'It's so easy' intro" and some of it seems a bit over the top.

Brain's drums would have swung and grooved a lot more had they not had all the life compressed out of them. For a drummer of his talent, they have again managed to make him sound like a damn drum machine. Rumours they've parted ways with Caram. It's time to move on to a new engineer/producer who can capture them sounding like a cohesive band playing together.
Again, how does Frank feel about riding the bench?

Axl's vocals are the star but the 'hey hey's' are kind of comical and annoying.

No Guns n' Roses 90's cliche has been avoided on this one and it's hard to see that not being deliberate.

As has been said before, why on earth couldn't they as a band have recorded it fresh from the ground up? It sounds great in the soundcheck

Sky Dog wrote:

Lol…It’s sad….Slash and Duff and 20 years of tinkering just doesn’t work. Tommy and Bucket and Robin and Freese and Brain have to be shaking their heads. It’s so incredibly stunning that a successful business could be miss managed for so long. Just so many tactical errors….

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Holy actually fucking shit:

They removed the video from the official GNR YouTube channel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NWGVTQNyoM

Team Brazil for the win!

misterID

misterID wrote:

Lol

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

This is interesting. Two videos for “Quick Song” got taken down:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T-h6mbBu3oI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zJddETuj3HY

What a sorry state of affairs we are in when the best signs we have of possible future releases are demos being deleted from YouTube.

Board footer