You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The next GNR album: Current known state of songs

Axl S wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

When Axl debuted his new band in 2001 he played 6 new songs. Except for Oh My God all of them are on the "Exhibit B" page. Surely most of those songs would come from the A list. Vast majority of CD is on that list.

Curious questions would be why songs like IRS, Hard Skool, The General and Oklahoma are not on the list.

My guess is this is linked to some sort of bill that came due, maybe for a recording studio, engineer, or musician that wants compensation for specific songs they worked on.

It was from Zutaut's locker and was due to his case about his dismissal after he left the band. Its Exhibit B because it's an exhibit of evidence for a court case.

There's also a letter confirming Zutaut's dismissal that leaked at the same time.

So those song titles are legit.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Axl S wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It was from Zutaut's locker and was due to his case about his dismissal after he left the band. Its Exhibit B because it's an exhibit of evidence for a court case.

There's also a letter confirming Zutaut's dismissal that leaked at the same time.

So those song titles are legit.

So Goldstein said Zoot was brought in June 2001 and he was sacked in December that same year. So that means Dragon and All I Ever Wanted originated 2001 or before. Wonder if they were on the locker leak discs under other names or just completely unheard stuff.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Since the potential album is untitled. Or maybe has a title. Or who the hell knows.

I came up with some album names. A couple are Sopranos inspired.

- Everyone Knows It
(line from Axl’s asshole song)

- Sorry We’re Late

- Cut to Black

- Blind Faith

- It Goes On

- Looking Over Our Shoulder

- All a Big Nothing

- From Los Angeles

- Maybe In This Lifetime

- Eat Shit

- Graymalkin

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon frére. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks." (Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)

intro-1566393439.jpg

What if I told you we were getting the "extra tracks" right now?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

"We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks." (Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)

Fast forward 6 years later the lead single is Chinese Democracy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon frére. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks." (Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)

https://i.postimg.cc/L6RJnLCb/intro-1566393439.jpg

What if I told you we were getting the "extra tracks" right now?

Probably my favorite CD quote.

His ego/megalomania was off the charts back then.

So easy to talk the talk...

Which show was it(is it that one?) where after bitching about everything he says something like "Yeah, Yeah, we don't have an album out yet".

I'd love to see the alternate timeline where his fantasy above becomes reality...and yes it's hilarious that every song he pretends is not a big gun all make the cut.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

I wonder if Merck really thought "Hard School" wasn't that good or it was just his inner hype man taking over.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think time changes perspective.

Like in 1987 when Axl has his full powers, and when the band is working on songs like YCBM. Then a song like "Shadow of your love" isn't that good.

Revisit life 35 years later and Axl can still go but he struggles to achieve his former peaks.

Suddenly a song like Shadow is more valuable as the effortless vocals in the traditional sound have become rare.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Axl is waiting until 2025 when he can cash out for a big payday.

But if Chinese demos are a sunk cost, just flood it all out right now, even if it's just every iteration of the 14-song album.

Doubt it happens, but I can dream.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

the "remix vocals" of TIL make me wish they would do something with Slash and that vocal line. It also makes me wonder how many other alternative take vocals are badass.

Board footer