You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: If GNR goes on hiatus, NuGuns should reunite

jimmythegent wrote:

Nice idea but doubt there'd be much demand outside these forums. They were never a functional touring band really - studio sessions with people coming and going. it never looked like there was much genuine camaraderie at any rate.

And of course the main reason it will never happen is that Axl will own the rights to all that music and probably has stipulations akin to NDA's that prevent them from playing the music.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They could always release a box set of Chinese Democracy with all the recordings and proper live videos and I’d be happy

Raven5790
 Rep: 0 

Raven5790 wrote:

The dead Daisies was a alter band for 3 of the members at some point, Dizzy, Richard and Frank, no need to say it, Is not the best lineup we could think, but it happened at some point xd.. otherwise.. I will love for a band consistent of Robin, Tommy and Brain.. that would be awesome.. and bring Bucket if you like.. but for me the real deal is this trio..

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

How about Axl and Tommy doing a super intimate gig? I do feel that Tommy was the closest collaborator with Axl since Izzy. Don’t market it as guns, but find a way to put a show around that.

Sky Dog wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Nice idea but doubt there'd be much demand outside these forums. They were never a functional touring band really - studio sessions with people coming and going. it never looked like there was much genuine camaraderie at any rate.

And of course the main reason it will never happen is that Axl will own the rights to all that music and probably has stipulations akin to NDA's that prevent them from playing the music.

Axl doesn’t own that music, Universal/Geffen owns it.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I don’t think anyone can stop a person from playing a song any more than demand permission to play a song beforehand.

It would be a damned fun show.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

I would rather if they did  some Gn'R and friends kind of thing, with people like Bumble, Tommy or Robin playing on some songs. Just for a one off event. smile

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

There may not be money in the 2002 lineup touring. But I'll tell you what there could be money in, a one off small scale festival where bands connected to the band play.

LA.Guns
Gilby
Loaded
Tommy Stinson
Buckethead with Brain
Slash
Bumblefoot
Adler

and with all making guest spots on other people's sets. It would be great to see former members playing together that never did. Gilby making a guest spot with Adler doing a YCBM cover. Traci and Slash on stage playing a stones cover or something. Would be fire. This is all fantasy booking though

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

There may not be money in the 2002 lineup touring. But I'll tell you what there could be money in, a one off small scale festival where bands connected to the band play.

LA.Guns
Gilby
Loaded
Tommy Stinson
Buckethead with Brain
Slash
Bumblefoot
Adler

and with all making guest spots on other people's sets. It would be great to see former members playing together that never did. Gilby making a guest spot with Adler doing a YCBM cover. Traci and Slash on stage playing a stones cover or something. Would be fire. This is all fantasy booking though

How about adding GNR as the headliner to that, and make it like a 8 hour event, where Axl just pops in when he feels like participating? Imagine the insane setlist going from Soothsayer to Slash, to GNR, to Bumblefoot, then a little LA. Guns, then more GNR (featuring X, Y and/or Z), etc (for hours), and then capping the show with an encore featuring everybody playing together. It'd be glorious madness to see Bucket, Bumble, Finck, Slash, Tommy, Duff, Adler, Brain, etc all jamming together on one giant stage, with all grudges from the past flushed down the toilet where they belong.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

evader wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

LA.Guns
Gilby
Loaded
Tommy Stinson
Buckethead with Brain
Slash
Bumblefoot
Adler

How about adding GNR as the headliner to that, and make it like a 8 hour event, where Axl just pops in when he feels like participating? Imagine the insane setlist going from Soothsayer to Slash, to GNR, to Bumblefoot, then a little LA. Guns, then more GNR (featuring X, Y and/or Z), etc (for hours), and then capping the show with an encore featuring everybody playing together. It'd be glorious madness to see Bucket, Bumble, Finck, Slash, Tommy, Duff, Adler, Brain, etc all jamming together on one giant stage, with all grudges from the past flushed down the toilet where they belong.

Axl running out and doing the odd song here and there throughout the day topped off with a slimmed down gnr set. Bring out the couch skin & bones tour style. Stream the whole thing. it would be amazing.

When I found that Hell rose place stuff months back and was looking into the various trademarks he had for it, one was for streaming video and audio content. It did cross my mind it could be for a nightrain exclusive streaming service or something. Axl extended the trademark last monday. It will probably come to nothing, but he is still keeping that ball in the air for some reason.

Board footer