You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If GNR goes on hiatus, NuGuns should reunite

James wrote:

Had the reunion happened 10 years earlier, we might have got something like this. Still could I suppose... Metallica had that special show in Frisco that included everyone from their past.

Trademark stuff...

It's pretty obvious what happens there. He gets some idea, trademarks it, but there's simply never any follow through. Every now and then they remember to extend it.

That one will die on the vine just like the others unfortunately.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

That's because he doesn't have competent people around him to help put the ideas into practice (amongst other reasons!)

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

That's because he doesn't have competent people around him to help put the ideas into practice.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

He had people wipe his princely ass for years and it all came back to bite him after he was no longer King Shit.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

That's because he doesn't have competent people around him to help put the ideas into practice (amongst other reasons!)

I’m no Lebeis apologist but it seems to me he’s done well for himself (and slash and duff) with those people.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I’m no Lebeis apologist but it seems to me he’s done well for himself (and slash and duff) with those people.

Financially perhaps, (no pun intended), but creatively he’s totally bereft.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

lol Team Brazil didn't do shit.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

His career is a shambles. It was in 2002 when he had a superstar backing band and (as we now know) an incredible collection of songs.

I will forever remember the security guy at the Tacoma Dome concert showing me the handout everyone working at the venue received: 6,166 people in attendance. They had curtained off whole seating areas because they were empty.

For reasons we still don’t know, Tacoma was the first night of the tour due to Axl not showing up in Vancouver the night prior.

At the show he dove deep into nostalgia, with only a few token new tracks included.

New people and new songs at his disposal, but he chickened out and did oldies, which cheated us fans, cheated the band, and invited comparisons to the original lineup.

And then of course the tour collapsed a few weeks later for reasons, again, we still don’t really know.

Team Brazil does nothing we can point to as advancing this band’s legacy. They have brought us horribly designed merch and a nostalgia tour that is on fumes.

They aren’t managers in the classic sense of coaches who have one eye on the microscope (addressing immediate, everyday concerns) and one on the telescope (plotting out long-term goals).

By all appearances they are yes-men who keep Axl happy in whatever mood he’s in that day.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Since we're sharing security guard stories, in 2006 I talked to a guy who told us everyone in the venue was briefed to tell people to not take photos of Axl and that Sebastian Bach showed up so shitfaced he had to sober up all day in order to perform and he got so wrecked after the show, he stayed overnight at the venue.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

People who enable you, let you wallow in dysnfunction, and sponge off of you are still parasites, even if they're relatively more benign than say, managers in the music industry.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Yamcha wrote:

I would rather if they did  some Gn'R and friends kind of thing, with people like Bumble, Tommy or Robin playing on some songs. Just for a one off event. smile

Yeah, it would be nice if they did something like that big Metallica 30th anniversary series, where they played small club shows and brought out pretty much everyone remotely connected with the band.

Board footer