You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The General and Monsters

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The General is a masterpiece. Best song made by nu guns.

Unless Slash is attempting to emulate Finck and BH he is not playing on this track. No way.

I don't know about a masterpiece...but yeah both these songs would've been on the album in a perfect world.

This is the kinda stuff I was expecting for Chinese Democracy on day one and it's unfortunate it took so long for tracks like this to surface.

We really need this in better quality.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

General is fantastic. For me it was everything I expected (knew it was gonna be in the vein of Shacklers, Scraped and Sorry, a very tight, non epic song). Just wished we got a longer solo and better intro/outro and no tin can effect vocals

TIL probably took the place of Atlas on CD because Finck lobbied hard to get it on the album. Catcher might be the culprit also cuz I don’t think it was ever intended for CD until it leaked, and the tracklist was very influenced by the leaks

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The General is a masterpiece. Best song made by nu guns.

Unless Slash is attempting to emulate Finck and BH he is not playing on this track. No way.

I don't know about a masterpiece...but yeah both these songs would've been on the album in a perfect world.

This is the kinda stuff I was expecting for Chinese Democracy on day one and it's unfortunate it took so long for tracks like this to surface.

We really need this in better quality.

Come on now, those vocal lines are killer.

This is a serious song too, while most of CD just feels like whatever. An album with this, OMG, State of Grace etc. would be a much more credible album with a unifying sound. Remove the "UYI 3" type songs like TWAT and The Blues to a separate EP, then make CD be dark and gritty like this. Massive album.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

General is fantastic. For me it was everything I expected (knew it was gonna be in the vein of Shacklers, Scraped and Sorry, a very tight, non epic song). Just wished we got a longer solo and better intro/outro and no tin can effect vocals

TIL probably took the place of Atlas on CD because Finck lobbied hard to get it on the album. Catcher might be the culprit also cuz I don’t think it was ever intended for CD until it leaked, and the tracklist was very influenced by the leaks

Bingo! While I enjoyed every second of the leaks, ultimately they hurt the album in terms of track listing. I'm in the same boat as James. The songs we got from the village sessions and now these tasty little treats, are exactly what I was expecting from Chinese as an album. I love the UYI3 style songs. They are great tracks. But these SOG ,Monsters, General, and all of the voxless instrumental type tracks turn me on something fierce. I think if Axl just would have gotten his rocks off with a solo project we could have had the best of both worlds. We would have that trip-hop/experimental material on Axl's project and then the hardskools and twats on the guns record.

Either way I'm giddy to have so many vintage usernames pop back up into the discussion. Even some of the known "hoarders" are at least participating in the conversations about these new tracks. I think at this point in time, even the hoarders are starting to show some empathy towards getting closure to the Chinese era for the fan base.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

The more we hear of these songs, the more Better seems like an outlier. Poppy, newer Axl vocals, Bucket/Robin. Doesn’t really fit with what’s heard on CD and these leaks. I wonder if the record company recognized it as the best chance at a radio friendly hit and forced it on the album.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Hey Fernando you should drop the Creative Works London video for Monsters on the youtube channel for Halloween.

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bingo! While I enjoyed every second of the leaks, ultimately they hurt the album in terms of track listing. I'm in the same boat as James. The songs we got from the village sessions and now these tasty little treats, are exactly what I was expecting from Chinese as an album. I love the UYI3 style songs. They are great tracks. But these SOG ,Monsters, General, and all of the voxless instrumental type tracks turn me on something fierce. I think if Axl just would have gotten his rocks off with a solo project we could have had the best of both worlds. We would have that trip-hop/experimental material on Axl's project and then the hardskools and twats on the guns record.

Either way I'm giddy to have so many vintage usernames pop back up into the discussion. Even some of the known "hoarders" are at least participating in the conversations about these new tracks. I think at this point in time, even the hoarders are starting to show some empathy towards getting closure to the Chinese era for the fan base.

I think closure of the Chinese era would be a Chinese BOX release of everything ever recorded from nugnr. Instrumentals and tracks with vocals.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

Im sure the BH/Robins solos are differnet so they could be better.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Coming round to the idea that it is Slash and Duff on Monsters

The General, I’m convinced that is Finck etc

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:

They should just leak everything out at this point.

Board footer