You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Rob Zombie

BLS-Pride wrote:

ROB ZOMBIE: 'Live' Audio Samples Available - Oct. 16, 2007
ROB ZOMBIE has posted new audio clips from his first-ever live album, "Zombie - Live". Now available for your intense pleasure are live versions of "Dragula" (audio), "Black Sunshine" (audio) and "Living Dead Girl" (audio).

"Zombie - Live" (cover artwork) will be released on October 23, 2007 in both clean and explicit versions. Recorded in 2006 during the tour supporting the "Educated Horses" album, which hit #5 on the Pop chart, the CD finds Zombie leading a supercharged band featuring guitarist John 5, bassist Piggy D, drummer Tommy Clufetos and was produced by long-time co-writer and producer Scott Humphrey.

"Zombie - Live" includes the concert's renditions of the Best Hard Rock Performance Grammy-nominated "Thunder Kiss '65" and "Black Sunshine" from WHITE ZOMBIE's 1992 major label debut "La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1", which went Top 40 and double platinum. "Super Charger Heaven", "Creature Of The Wheel" and "More Human Than Human", also Grammy-nominated for Best Hard Rock Performance, were first heard on WHITE ZOMBIE's 1995 Top 10, double platinum "Astro-Creep: 2000 Songs Of Love, Destruction And Other Synthetic Delusions Of The Electric Head".

From ROB ZOMBIE's 1998 solo debut, the Top 5, triple-platinum "Hellbilly Deluxe: 13 Tales Of Cadaverous Cavorting Inside The Spookshow International", are "Superbeast", "Living Dead Girl", "Demonoid Phenomenon" and "Dragula". Songs from 2001's Top 10 and platinum "The Sinister Urge" are "Demon Speeding", "Dead Girl Superstar" and "Never Gonna Stop (The Red Red Kroovy)". The latest songs hail from "Educated Horses": "Sawdust In The Blood", "American Witch", "Let It All Bleed Out" and "Lords Of Salem". Heard too are the title songs from the first two feature films directed by Zombie, 2000's cult smash hit "House Of 1000 Corpses" and 2004's critically acclaimed "The Devil's Rejects".

"Zombie - Live" track listing:

01. Sawdust in the Blood
02. American Witch
03. Demon Speeding
04. Living Dead Girl
05. More Human than Human
06. Dead Girl Superstar
07. House of 1000 Corpses
08. Let It All Bleed Out
09. Creature of the Wheel
10. Demoniod Phenomenon
11. Supercharger Heaven
12. Never Gonna Stop
13. Black Sunshine
14. Superbeast
15. The Devil's Rejects
16. Lords of Salem
17. Thunder Kiss
18. Dragula

The DVD companion to ROB ZOMBIE's first-ever live album, "Zombie - Live", will be available in the spring of 2008 and will include bonus footage.

That looks goos to me. I'm a fan of live albums.

As previously reported, Zombie is putting together a WHITE ZOMBIE box set containing "everything we ever recorded," according to the singer. "I am currently transferring all the early shit from the original tapes," he previously said. "No remixing going on here '” everything will be as it was originally recorded. Don't know when this box set will be available, but it is slowly moving forward. This will be the final word on WHITE ZOMBIE."

That is going to be really good. Wish GNR would do something like this along with some other bands.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I can pass on the live album, although I will most definitely buy that box set when its released. I loved White Zombie, although I never really got into his solo material much.

Astro Creep is one of the most underrated albums of the 90's.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I'm going to see this guy November 13th, and i can't fucking wait.  This guy is brilliant, a truly amazing performer.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I was at one of the concerts last year. That guy puts on an awesome live show. I'm not a huge fan of his music or movies but Rob Zombie is an awesome performer.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm going to see this guy November 13th, and i can't fucking wait.  This guy is brilliant, a truly amazing performer.

Awesome bro. Hope you have a good time. I'm trying to find someone to catch him and Ozzy with me. Always wanted too see Rob in a live setting.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

ROB ZOMBIE Says WHITE ZOMBIE Box Set Might Surface Next Year - Nov. 7, 2007
Rob Zombie recently spoke to Gary Graff of Billboard.com about the long-delayed WHITE ZOMBIE box set. "I always keep putting it on the back burner to do other projects," he said. "I'm not real good at going back and wanting to re-do old stuff. I always want to do new stuff, so that's why that project keeps dragging on forever."

He does have a plan for it, however '” "Basically every single thing ever so that I could put out the box set and say, 'That's everything. Don't ask me about anything else. That's everything that band ever recorded,' 'cause there isn't a lot of extra stuff. But there's tons of stuff that was never on CD, that was on these limited vinyl releases."

As to whether the WHITE ZOMBIE box will finally see a 2008 release, Zombie '” who's currently touring with OZZY OSBOURNE '” offered a definite "maybe. If I wait much longer, no one will know what a boxed set is."

Read more at Billboard.com.

Board footer